Day before dawn

Eitir is a place of love. Toxic, putrid love: droplets full of the acid contaminating the civilians through skin, or drinks or even the air itself. Through the large window, she gazed out, warm underneath her blankets. The rain always comforted her. It's like her mom felt her pain and cried so hard it manifested. Sometimes, she thought as she traced her finger over her wrist. Over the red thick line. She wondered if it was mercy or punishment.
"Hi Red Robin"
A voice spoke from behind and she lifted her gaze, excitement busting out of her eyes as she leapt into Harvey's arms. Scrambling her arms around him as she chuckled in relief.
"You're not dead"
"Well you seem good to go. Need me to call in your wife?"
Scarlet groaned and punched him lightly on the arm then sat back down on the drapes. For a moment, she felt hesitant. If Lucifer had a sniff of him, why was he free? Unharmed?
"I brought a dog in by the way.." Harvey's voice made her lift her gaze to see Evie standing by the door frame, hunched. A cold wave washed over her, draping the joy in anxiety. She sighed. Crowley.
"I'll catch up with you later, Harv" Scarlet said, her voice void of the excitement previously held. Rather worried and scared. Something nostalgic to her new world. Harvey walked past Evie and gave him a gentle smile before he passed. She wondered if they'd talked.
"I met with Crowley.." Evie muttered. His voice was cold, but angry. Had they fought?
"He snapped at me calling me a stalker and alienated me"
"Sounds like him" scarlet replied with a sigh and leaned back into the pillows. "Don't take it personal.. he's like that"
"The thing is..he didn't seem like himself.. he seemed.." he paused for a moment. Thoughtful. "Intimidated.. like he'd rehearsed what to say" Evie said contemplative. Scarlet quirked a brow. Crowley was one to speak before he thought. The opposite of what you'd be taught and the best policy in Eitir. It was a quirk of his.
"Trust me, evie.. He doesn't do that.." Scarlet leaned back, staring at the ceiling. "He talks out of his ass. I've seen it a bunch of times"
"He-"
"Eveline.." She sat up and looked at him. "He does this.. he'll let you in, pretend things are fine then blow up because he doesn't know how to treat someone right.." She retorted. It was half true. How he worked was like a jailed dog. Biting at any treats handed to his nose. But, regardless, Eveline was too deep in his shit, and Scarlet had to make him back off before Lucifer realized what he was to Crowley. If it was dangerous enough she was attacked for being associated with him, she couldn't imagine what Evie would go through. She rubbed down her arm. The bandages were fresh, gently wrapped around her lower arms. The pain was a gentle throbbing feeling in the back of her mind.
"Uh.. what happened to you?"
Evie's voice brought her out of her thoughts and she looked up.
"Work accident.." She chuckled. Though it died down to a mere sound as she watched Evie's eyes, laced with concern, yet a sprinkle of confusion was easy to spot behind it. He knew she was lying. She sighed and leaned back.
"Nothing to worry your pretty head over" She said, softly. "Let me handle Crowley. I've been his friend since the dawn of time"
"You're staying in bed even if I have to tie you down" Kali's voice brought a confident smirk to her face as she saw her leaning against the door frame. Evie lifted his gaze and chuckled.
"Kinky" Scarlet retorted and winked, causing Kali to groan as she walked to her side and kissed her on the forehead.
"Harvey wasn't lying when he said you were full of energy" Kali retorted and patted her on the head. Scarlet groaned and wafted her hand away.
"I'll uh.. leave you two to your.. stuff" Evie stuttered, awkwardly and closed the door behind him as he left. Scarlet chuckled softly, leaning back on the bed with her arms behind her.
"He's so in love.." Kali noted. Scarlet nodded.
"Love sick fuckin puppy" Scarlet replied and rolled her eyes.
"Oh, don't that seem familiar?"
Scarlet lifted her gaze and stared at Kali, the kind of pissed off stare only Kali knew was out of love, but also pissed. Kali chuckled.
"Shut up, you're the only who proposed" Scarlet retorted. The most beautiful night, under the sky, Kali was the one to propose. She twirled the silver ring around her finger as she recalled the fond memory. The road trip to their hometown. The old church where they first met. She'd led her up the old staircase blindfolded. Scarlet was surprised neither had broken a limb on their way up to the hideout. A small occupied space at the top of the church, under the bell. Scarlet snuck off there to look at old pictures and watch the night sky through the tilted window.
"I don't regret it for one day"
She felt Kali's finger softly caress her skin, the ring and lifted her gaze, smiling softly. She grasped her hand around Kali's and smiled. The most beautiful night for the most beautiful woman she had ever laid her eyes on. And the most beautiful fucking wedding too. Her smile begun to fade as she sighed.
"Hey, happy memories" Kali gently lifted her gaze with her finger. Scarlet nodded gently. There wasn't a moment she regretted. Except.. Walking down that aisle, eyes scowering over the small crowd of friends, unable to see her parents amidst it.
"My dad would've killed you if he knew" She chuckled softly. Kali smirked.
"Oh, I'd love to see him try" Kali replied and lifted her hand, kissing it gently. She knew Kali would've kicked his ass back to Mexico if he tried. As if it'd matter. They were dead.
"Ghost's can't fight." She muttered softly under her breath, mostly to herself.
"Didn't you and Crow watch Paranormal activities? I beg to differ"
Scarlet chuckled wryly. Sometimes, she wondered if she'd turned out differently if they didn't get shot. If she'd be here, with Kali, in loving caring arms, or if she'd still be in the gangs. Alongside her father, killing for food on the table and a roof over her head. She felt Kali lift her head and shake her jaw, making her groan and waft her away.
"Get your head out of your ass, little duck" Kali retorted. "So, brief me about Crowley. What happened?"
"Lucifer has full control over him.. some kind of mind control like yours.. he attacked me without hesitation and left me bruised up.. I don't know how she's doing it or why Crowley didn't tell me but.." She sighed. "Whatever it is, she has him on a tight leash.."
"A weapon for her company.." Kali inquired. "Preparations for the entity's arrival I suppose.."
Scarlet nodded.
"So, we prepare our bio weapons. Isolate the entry and send out a code for the residents nearby to evacuate for a couple of days. We will capture it seamlessly, without damage to property or casualties" Kali spoke calmly, methodically. The work voice, Scarlet called it.
"I'll alert the team to prepare"
"You're not preparing for anything.." Kali retorted. "You're staying here, in bed until you're fully healed"
"But-"
"No buts unless it's mine, duck. You're staying" Kali cut her off. Scarlet grinned and pushed the sheet off her, shuffling to the side of the bed and stretched. Kali pushed her back on the bed, scrambling on top of her, to pin her down by the wrists.
"Kali!" Scarlet squealed. Kali chuckled, softly. Her voice was like a angels. The moment was right and as Kali had less weight on her wrists, she tilted her wrists, grabbing a hold of her arms and rolled the two over. Kali groaned out as she was pinned down. Her purple hair was sprawled out on the bed sheets, her eyes exposed, with a sinister glint within them.
"Damn, take off your clothes already" Kali flirted, quirking a brow flirtatiously. Scarlet groaned, rolling her eyes and settled on top of her, feeling Kali's hands snake around her waist as she chuckled.
"Uh.. need me to leave for a moment?"
Harvey's voice broke her gaze and she tilted her head back, laughing. Kali groaned and pushed her off herself.
"Nah, we're good.. I need to gather the team and I could use your help" Scarlet grinned and held out a hand for Kali, which she rolled her eyes to, yet took, letting Scarlet gently lift her up.

"So, whatcha need my help with, red bird?" Harvey inquired, trailing her as they walked down the hallway to the meeting room. Scarlet sighed.
"I hate that nickname"
"You loooveee it" Harvey retorted. Scarlet groaned, but it dampened to a soft chuckle, one of relief. Harvey was back to his usual, idiotic self. A childlike mind in the body of a adult. She halted and opened the door, revealing a small room, stacked with chairs occupied by their B team. Harvey quieted down.
"Rise" Scarlet yelled. Like a echo, all of the team member's rose from their seat, eyes locked on the main stage as Scarlet and Harvey trailed down to the end. Scarlet turned on her heel, letting her gaze scower amongst the team. Witches to demon's to any kind of supernatural creature Kali had reigned with. Front row was witches. Artemis. On the first row, he sat, focused yet a glimpse of anxiety behind his green eyes. Second row was demons. All arranged by the strength of their power. In the back were the trainee's. Newer supernatural creatures. Mostly, which wasn't fully capable of controlling their abilities, but useful enough as backup. B team was the crew that contained or exterminated entity's too powerful for the human world. She was proud to be the leader.
"Sit"
One after the other, they sat down, awaiting their next command.
"Listen up, cause I'm not in the mood to fucking repeat myself" Scarlet snapped. "We have a entity on our hands. A being far stronger then any of you. And we're tasked with capturing it." She paused for a moment, to let it all process for them. This was serious. This wasn't gonna be pretty. "Now, you've all been assigned different tasks to make sure we don't cause any unnecessary harm. Kali would be pissed if we did. So let's do this the right way. Any questions?" She asked. A moment of silence rose in the room. Artemis rose his hand.
"Yes?"
"What has this entity been categorized as?" Artemis asked. His voice was raspy, hoarse but had a gentle Denver accident. Scarlet nodded.
"The entity has been categorized as a 10. A hazard to the human life we've built down here, and it's absolutely important we contain it as soon as possible" Scarlet explained. This entity, whatever it was, was strong enough it had Kali on her feet, constantly. She wasn't surprised if they'd loose people in this.
"Any other questions?" Scarlet asked. Some of the members seemed hesitant, the way they snuck glances at one another. Scarlet groaned.
"If you want out of this, fucking stand up right now. I'm not gonna lead pussies onto the field to die like cowards" She snapped. They froze, like deer in headlights. But after a moment, a soft murmur of no's washed over the crowd.
"Good, then get your ass out of here and fucking prep. We're setting up at dawn" She snapped. It was annoying, the way those people, people who were trained for this, still seemed hesitant. Only a few, beginners who were in the back. Harvey patted her on the shoulder as the team disassembled.
"They're fucking cowards.." Scarlet muttered under her breath.
"Relax, robin. They're scared.." Harvey softly assured her and she sighed.
"I'm scared too.." She replied and lifted her gaze to meet his. "We don't know what this thing is capable of.. how do I know I won't loose my life for this?"
Harvey gulped. There wasn't a moment where she regret her choices in life. She'd happily die for Kali. Scarlet twirled the ring around her finger, thoughtful.
"If I die.."
"Don't fucking start.." Harvey interrupted.
"If I die.. take care of Kali for me.." Scarlet muttered, quietly. Harvey growled.
"We're not dying.. get that out of your head" Harvey snapped and slapped her on the back of her head. She groaned and rubbed it.
"You remember when I thought I was gonna die?" Harvey asked. Scarlet sighed and nodded. There was a moment when she'd caught herself praying to god that he didn't.
"But I didn't.. did I?"
"No cause Kali knows what the fuck she's doing.." Scarlet snapped. The day he'd appeared outside their door, soaked in blood and tears. Praying he'd last another hour. Hadn't Kali created the mask he wore, he'd never survive. And she thanked her for that every fucking day.