tension high

" look I just need a favour " Teri said . She was talking to her replacement , the one that had taken her spot with Suga " I need just 5 minutes with him please , I'm not trying to get my job back I promise , there's just something I want to ask him "

The women looked at her feet and scuffed them " Teri..you know I would but I don't want to get into trouble "
" Just  be a few minutes late , that's all , if he askes you didn't know , we never had this conversation ?" The women wavered and Teri seized the opportunity " you owe me .. remember last year when you were having trouble with that dick head actor? Who put him in his place ? Me ...please Yun hee...."

Knowing she had won she stood back as her friend said "fine , but I'm being 2 minutes late and I will be surprised to see you there "

Feeling pleased with herself Teri wandered back to her room.  The other girls were there but blanked her , she didn't mind and just grabbed her backpack. They were heading out to Greece in a few hours and she knew her friend was due to go to Suga and style his hair for the airport run first thing,  with out being his assistant she hadn't stood a chance of getting into his room but with her back pack on her back she breezed past security who assumed she was there to do his hair instead.

She knocked on the door and waited , she had thought long and hard about how she should react when she was alone with him next , this question had kept her up half the night and occupied all morning .

Last night she had been fuming , so enraged , but the truth was she was more angry at herself than Suga and she hated that .

She was torn between wanting to scream and shout at him for getting her demoted over something that wasn't work related , and apologising for her strange behavior , and as she waited at his door she still wasn't sure exactly what she would say and figured she'd play it by ear , letting it all depend on him and his words and actions.

Half asleep Suga opened the door and stepped back in surprise .. he couldn't help the little happy dance his mind did at the sight of her , but kept it hidden " have you forgotten you no longer work for me ?" He asked in an almost bored voice , feigning nonchalance.

She ignored him, stepped into his room and shut the door behind her , the air sizzled as their eyes made contact , he gulped and looked away . As calmly as he could muster he went over and grabbed a bottle of water , mostly for something to do. Inside he was thinking how unfair it was , how he had worked so hard these last couple of weeks to move on from her only to have all of that work undone just by the sight of her.

He didn't want to appear weak in front of her , her rejection still stung.

" can we talk ?" She asked. He looked at the time,  " you don't have long , the other person will be here any moment to do my hair "

" I just need two minutes " she said , he actually opened the timer app on his phone,  pressed start and said " go"

Flustered she flapped for a few seconds wondering where to begin " I.. I mean , about ...that night...I erm am sorry , I shouldn't have run off , it wasn't you or anything you did.... it was me ..but how could you mix work with a private life and have me punished ?"  She had meant to just apologise,  just to maybe ease her own guilt somewhat , but now , under pressure to speak , all sorts of words where escaping.

" have you any idea how hard I worked to get to that position and you took it away with a click of your fingers over something completely unrelated to my work "

She had worked herself up in her panic to get everything off her chest in the allotted amount of time and it showed in her breathing  and in her eyes .

' don't feel guilty ' he reminded himself and then said " why ? "
" why what?" She asked mad he wasn't answering her question .." why did you leave ?" He asked simply " did you come into my room just to tease me and leave on purpose because of the games we had been playing ?"

Stunned he thought that she couldn't speak , confusion and guilt replaced anger. She shook her head and went to speak just as his timer went off letting them both know her two minutes where up , reminding them both that very soon they wouldnt be alone.

" I'm  so sorry " she said , starting to back out of the room.  " it was never you , I didn't do that on purpose , what ever you may think of me I'm not that vindictive " she reached the handle of the door and went to open it . In a quiet voice , full of pain and regret she said " its always me " she turned and pulled on the door handle but Suga got there first and held it shut , she didn't turn around she knew he was right behind her , towering over her . She could feel the warmth of his body all along her back . ' please just let me go ' she thought silently..

" that's not good enough Teri " Suga said " I want to know why you left , if it wasn't on purpose. " A sudden thought occurred to him " are you a virgin ?" That would explain her odd behaviour perhaps , she didn't answer but shook her head " I..." some one knocked on the door and Teri took Sugas momentary distraction to yank the door open and run out into the hall, surprising her friend a she did.

She had run down the corridor and into the lift before she realised she had left her backpack in his room . Shit , but it was too late , it was taking all of her will power to not cry ..he thought so little of her , he thought she had done it on purpose , and despite telling him otherwise , with out an explanation he would go on thinking that too , because the alternative , the truth was something she didn't think she dare say.

'If not me then what ?'this question was circling around Suga's mind . The other assistant who name he didn't know was standing in the door way unsure of what to do. He cleared his throat " erm I'm sorry , I have to go out , ill do my hair myself " he spotted Teri's bag and grabbed it , slinging it over his shoulder as he left the room. It was time for an honest talk , but would he find her before having to to leave..