out of his depth

The sat nav took him to a very rough looking part of town , abandoned shops and buildings were boarded up , street lights only half working. He turned down a narrow alley way and came to a stop in front of a very run down looking building.

" now what ?" He asked himself outloud ...he wished he had half a dozen body guards with him.

He turned the lights off and sat in his car for a while , pulling up a picture on his phone .....Song geom-eun gae 1.6 m tall , 65kg .

The picture was grainy and definitely a few years old , and although Suga was definitely taller , this guy looked like he knew his way around a fight .

Frustration had him clenching the steering wheel of the car .
Just then a figure came into view , walking unsteadily up the darkened road towards him.

Suga turned his phone off leaving his whole car in darkness and watched. His heart beating loudly .

This was the man, his image burned into Suga brain. The guy had a bottle of something in one hand and stopped to pee up a building wall. One hand for support the other trying to hold his precious alchohol all the while trying to relieve himself.

Suga looked away but could hear a string of curse words coming from the man and then a loud smash as the bottle dropped. More curse words .

The man was angry now , he tried to kick the wall but stumbled and barely kept on his legs . He was getting close to the car . Time to leave Suga thought.

As he was about to start the engine he heard Teri's name . He held his breath...how dare some one like this man dare to even think her name ..
Inaudible words were strung together with the occasional clear one..

" fucking bitch....bzhdheudbdk...her fault .....hshdhsjfucking pay ...jdbzhd ugly....jshsbh......"

Suga usually kept himself almost aloof , kept calm , kept collected , the only time he ever really got angry was if some one upset his brothers, or if he upset himself. Being angry at himself , self hate was something he had done often in the past but luckily he had learnt to love himself and those thoughts mostly gone , but the anger he felt right now towards that man brought tears to his eyes.

He wanted to ram his fist down that man's disgusting mouth until he couldn't talk ever again , he wanted to take the broken pieces of glass at the man's feet and slash him so he had a permanent scar , he could kill...he realised with a fright that he could honestly kill for Teri if he ever needed to.

His knuckles were white against the black of the steering wheel, if he said one more thing about Teri he wasn't sure he could hold back .

He kept his eyes fixed on the man , trying to control himself , trying to stop the shaking and angry tears in his eyes....a million thoughts telling him stay in the car , his brothers , his career, his freedom ...

" bzhdud going to see her ....hshdbis get what's due ....."

His hand went to the car door before he could stop himself , but just as he was about to open it his phone buzzed... it was enough distraction to make Suga pause ...he looked at his phone ..Jin ..." Hello Suga? Brother? Where are you , what are you doing , ? "

Through gritted teeth Suga said quietly " I need your help brother " he knew Jin would be able to talk him down from the angry storm coursing through his body

Hearing the strain in his voice Jin panicked " whats wrong ? Where are you ? I can come and get you " already grabbing the car keys and heading out the door. Grateful that Suga had let him know where he was going earlier .

Suga was shaking his head before speaking , his eyes back on the miserable human outside his car.
He'd just fallen over and smacked his head and now wasn't moving, some dark , scary part of Suga , who'd stopped listening to Jin , hoped he was dead .

" brother !" Jin practically shouted down the phone , " talk to me "
" what?" Suga said distractedly
" I'm in the car , I'm on my way , stay on the phone with me , talk to me "

" I think he's dead " Suga said in a somewhat fascinated daze , eyes drawn to the still figure in the road .

" what ? " Jin cried in panic " did you ?..." he couldn't bring himself to ask

' did he just move?' Suga thought , not even hearing Jin ...he strained his eyes to look further into to dark and saw ... Yes the man was definitely moving, surprised to find he felt relieved more than dissapointed suga mumbled something to Jin and watched as the man got back up on his own two feet and managed to let himself into the door of the building next to Sugas car.

Once out of sight Suga managed to snap out of his haze and remembered Jin was on the phone , " shit , sorry brother , I'm OK, the man's ok , I didn't do anything , everyone's good. "

Jins sigh of relief could be heard loud and clear down the line " tell me what happened " he said as calmly as possible.

By the time Suga had finished explaining what he'd seen Jins car was pulling up behind Sugas . He jumped out and got into Sugas car , leant over and hugged him " I'm so glad you're okay , and I'm so proud of you for not doing anything you'd regret "

Shocked it took a moment and then all the emotions Suga had been holding on to released like a valve being undone and he cried on his brothers shoulder. Jin just held him .

A few moment later , some what embarressed Suga pulled back and grabbed a tissue from the glove box " I'm sorry " He said " I don't even know why I got so emotional just now , I just felt so helpless , and so frustrated and so bloody angry , and I really didn't like how I felt when I thought he was dead. I shouldn't feel such hatred , but I did "

" you love her " Jin said simply , Suga started to shake his head but Jin stopped him .

" think about what you'd do to protect me and your brothers , think how we all felt when Tae got kidnapped and hurt , think about how we've all felt when we've been mistreated... its from a place of love . You love Teri , so why wouldn't you feel anger if some one was threatening her ?. The most amazing part of all though is you didn't do anything stupid. You kept yourself in control, and you only cried now because of the come down from adrenaline "

Suga was still stuck on the ' you love her ' part of Jins speach.

The stress of the whole evening made him weary. " we should head back " he said , Jin nodded " I think you should call for a driver and come back with me " he said but Suga shook his head , " I'm alright now I promise ,you can follow me if it makes you feel better . "
Jin reluctantly agreed " where are you going now ? You could come back to mine ?"

" I need to see Teri " Suga replied , Jin nodded and opened the car door ,
" I want security on Teri " Suga said just as Jin was leaving " if the company won't provide I'll go private "
Jin nodded " makes sense , are you going to tell our brothers about tonight?"
" I don't know if I should , I don't want them worrying "

" we're family , don't shut us out " Suga nodded and sighed " okay , can you tell them if you see them before me , I don't think the guy knows about me yet but it wouldn't hurt for everyone to be vigilant just incase "

Jin nodded and left .

Suga just wanted Teri in his arms , nothing else would make him feel OK tonight , he gave Jin a wave and set off for Teri's. ..he loved her , Jin was right ...but did he dare tell her .....