a breakaway

"He was on his way!"  Teri was in a complete panic . She looked at her bed and saw all the different items of clothing that she had bought on her shopping trip with  Rose ' I can't do this'  she thought ... There was smart pleated trousers in pale grey and in pastel yellow. There were blouses and pretty jumpers that were form fitting . She'd literally spent more money on clothes in this one shopping trip than she would usually in a year , but Rose's enthusiasm at the time had got the better of her. Now though....
She glanced over at her wardrobe , full of all her favourite , dark , baggy  tracksuit pants and jeans ....' Suga doesn't complain ' she told her self ' why on earth am I trying to change ?'

She sat down on the floor feeling deflated. She looked at the cumbersome boot on her foot and lightly hit it with her other . ' with this on I can't look sexy no matter what I wear! '

Just then her phone rang and she crawled over to her bedside cabinet and retrieved it .

" Rose ?" She said " erm hi ?"

She heard Rose's laughter come down the line , as well as some gurgling from Bora Nabi.

" are you stressing out yet " Rose said , her words full of smiles .

" how did you know ?" Teri said quietly , looking around her room again as she spoke .
Rose laughed " because I know you. Right take a breath and remember how you felt yesterday when you tried on the dove grey trousers and white top . You looked like a powerful , femine business women . You looked like a strong,  sexy executive ...you looked gorgeous . And " she continued before Teri could say anything " you told me you were going to dye your hair last night to dark  grey ..did you? "

" yes , " Teri replied some what reluctantly . Her phone made a calling sound and she saw Rose was wanting to video call. She smiled knowing she was defeated and turned the camera on.
" wow , you look amazing !" Rose practically screamed down the camera . Teri felt herself blush , she wasn't used to compliments and said " thank you . "
" you've styled it different too ..I  love it ! Suga is not going to know what hit him " she said .

Teri ran her fingers through her hair. It was actually almost too long to spike now so she'd blown dried it down in soft curtain like waves.

But had still left it short at the back

" now " said Rose " get dressed , just lay me on the bed upside down and show me when done."

Taking a deep breath Teri did as Rose instructed . Once dressed she picked the phone back up and showed Rose .
" gorgeous , absolutely stunning " Rose said .

Teri thanked Rose for all of her help and hung up. Now she was dressed , although she looked very different from her usual self she had to admit she didnt look as weird as she felt.
The rest of the clothes she quickly folded and threw into her little suitcase and she'd just closed it when she heard Suga coming in the front door.

Her heart sped up with nervousness , what if he laughed,  what if he preferred her old clothes .

She looked up as he entered her room. He froze in the doorway and stared , an unreadable expression on his face . Teri stood to face him  but kept her head low , desperately trying not to fidget .

The moment seemed to last for ever , but then she heard his footsteps and looked up just as Suga crushed her in his embrace. He was kissing her hard at first then more gently until eventually he gave her one last little peck and breathlessly stepped back. His hands on her shoulders " you ...look...beautiful " he said simply and all of her previous nerves vanished .
Her cheeks flushed pink at his words and quietly she said " I wanted to look beautiful for you "

He almost blurted the words out ' I love you ' there and then , but had planned to tell her tomorrow in a nice romantic setting so instead he kissed her one  more time and took her hand in one of his and grabbed her suitcase with the other .
" come on " he said smiling " if we didn't have to leave now I would have you stripped out of those gorgeous clothes and you wouldn't be leaving the bed until morning !"
Giggling she allowed Suga to lead her out of the room. She felt true happiness just from his presence and was still smiling as they left the apartment and got into his black Hyundai Palisade. It was her favourite car of his.

" so where are we off ? " to she said after he had maneuvered himself out of the small side roads and onto the motorway.

" if we had more time I would have flown you some where " he said some what sadly " but we don't so we are going to Anmok.  I've got us a holiday let , right at the farthest point of the beach so hardly any one else around. "

" I love the beach " Teri said in excitement " but.. " she didn't finish her sentence and  he glanced over to her and took her hand " but ?  " he asked . She swallowed ,  " erm , I.. can't swim so I'll be keeping my feet nice and dry if thats ok ?"
Although he was shocked to hear she couldn't swim he just laughed " the weather may be getting warmer but I have no intention of going in the water either . I just want to spend some private time with you  " he squeezed her hand " nice food , beautiful scenery  and even more stunning company "

She squeezed his hand back gently not knowing what to say other than " thank you "

" talking of stunning ..whats with the change of style? " he said . She looked down and tugged at the hem of her top " I wanted to look pretty for you. Like a girl " she said quietly .
" Teri you have always looked pretty to me and pretty much from day one I knew you were a girl. You know I don't expect you to change for me don't you " he said . He'd had to let go of her hand momentarily,  but took it back again as soon as it was safe. " I didn't change my looks for you " she emphasised the word ' for ' " I wanted to look better for me , for you if that makes sense " she laughed at her own words and so did Suga " I think I understand what you mean . Well just so you know I think your gorgeous in what ever you wear , and how ever you wear your hair too , but for the record I do think today you look especially pretty and those clothes suit you . You have a gorgeous figure , it's a shame to hide it under so many layers. " he gave a chuckle then went serious " nope , I've changed my mind , you're going to have way too much attention if you turn up to work looking like this , I'll have to beat the competition off with a stick !"
Their happy banter and laughter took then the rest of the journey , Teri getting more and more relaxed as the drive went on .

***************************
' I know him! Where do I know him from !? ' Teri's step father was pacing outside her apartment block.

He'd arrived early this morning hoping to catch her before she left for work.

The money had done him for a while but now he was in deep debt again.

He'd seen the black expensive 4x4 turn up and seen who got out the car to collect Teri.
Although he'd had a mask and glasses on he was clearly rich , going by his vehicle,  and when the man had got behind the wheel to drive away he'd removed his mask.

But too many years of alchohol abuse left his memory a bit temperamental. He hit his head a few times hoping to knock the memory back in place . If she had a rich boyfriend,  even better a rich famous one , how much money would he pay to keep Teri safe .....