*^1^*

"Welcome back to Channel 9 news. On tonight's agenda, talk of intergalactic peace. With us, we have the one and only head honcho himself, Keith Kogane-McClain." A blonde woman speaks up as the live audience claps, cheering the omega on. "Tonight's topic: Everything Volt-..."

The woman pauses as the audience raises their eyebrows, listening to her talk into her backstage microphone. "Uh? Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I just heard word that tonight's topic has changed. Rather than Everything Voltron... we'd like to know everything about you." She smiles as the omega raises an eyebrow.

"Everything about me? What does that mean? I agreed to talk about my team and my role. What about me would you like to know?" Keith crosses his arms as the blonde smirks at him.

"Word is that you have children with the current red paladin... are they really his?" She blinks innocently as the omega glares at her, stripping his teeth in annoyance.

"You know, you think you're real funny asking that question. Of course they're my husband's. I'm not unfaithful. Now can you tell me why that would be any of your business?"

"For someone getting offensive, it doesn't seem like you'd be faithful. Especially with your background, of course." The woman jabs as the crowd begins to murmur as the omega's face pales. "Didn't you cheat on your mate soon after receiving the mark that binds you together?"

"Bitch. You don't know the circumstances to be talking about me or my family like that. You're also forgetting that I was pregnant before my assault. Yes, assault. I was fucking forced to do those things and I demand to know what source you're getting your information from. My reputation will not be soiled by the likes of you." Keith spits at her as the lady chuckles airily.

"Sources are confidential. Thank god for first amendment rights, huh?" She jokes, as she tilts her head. "As for your role on team Voltron, that's a joke too right? I mean there's no way that a group of betas and alphas as strong as the other paladins allowed a measly omega to parade on top."

"I took my role as Black Paladin seriously. I've taken all your slander and frankly, it sounds like you're spreading rumors." Keith rolls his eyes, standing up as he rips the ear piece out before dropping it to the floor. Looking at the live audience, he clears his throat loudly to silence them. "I strive to be a good mate, husband, leader and father to my family. I was shoved into an orphanage after both of my parents were presumed dead. Not glamorous life, but a life I'm proud of."

He watches as people begin to record, crossing his arms as he walks closer to the edge of the stage. "I've been taken advantage of more times than I can count. From emotional trauma to sexual abuse, I was used and seen as nothing more than a pathetic, little omega. In the name of the multiverse, I persevered. It was because of my husband that I've started to see myself for more than just my secondary gender. I saw me for who I am."

"I am a mate. I am a husband. I am a father. I am a leader. I am a Blade. I am a Paladin and leader of Voltron. I am Akira Kogane aka Keith. I am an omega." Keith finishes, nodding as he points at the woman. "There is nothing that will stop me from being any of these. Especially since people like you exist."

"We'll be back after this week's sponsor." The woman speaks into the microphone before the stage lights dim. With that, Keith storms off in rage.

~

"Papi, where's Ma?" Ramon walks in the room, yawning as he stretches his arms up. "It's almost time for my pills..."

"I'll help you with that. He's out right now. He got called in for work." Lance smiles weakly as the kid tilts his head in confusion; bouncy brown curls framing his face.

"But Ma usually helps me... also what's wrong with Elena?" He questions as the older brunette opens the locked kitchen draw, pulling out a row of green tablets and a cup of juice. "She's crying and it's really loud..."

"Omega things. You'll learn about it in school next year, Ramon. Now here's your pills for ADHD, you don't get your anxiety meds until 20 minutes pass." Lance shakes his head as his clone swallows the pills, taking a sip of juice to wash it down.

Silence fills the air between them before a low voice is hear on the television. The voice strikes a cord with Lance as he rushes to the living room, finding his oldest kid with a disturbed face. "Is that Mom on tv?! I thought he had to work!"

"Sal, turn it off." Lance mumbles as the kid glares at his father, pointing at the television as the ravenette omega rants on set.

"Did you know about this?"

"How much did he say? What did they talk about?" Lance questions as Ramon tilts his head in confusion from beside the two. "Ramon, go play with the triplets."

"Okay Papi..." He walks off to find his older siblings as Lance pinches his nose, eyes closed as he hears the love of his life shouting with frustration. He takes a seat on the couch next to his eldest kid.

"He said he was... forced to do some things and that he was assaulted. He didn't say how. Then after the break, he started listing his issues like how he couldn't eat, sleep or do anything for months. That it didn't affect him and how it made him stronger." Sal repeats, listening to the anger in his mother's voice die down. "What happened to Ma? Tell me."

"It's... it's not my story to tell-!" Lance tries as the purple eyed kid glares at his father in anger. "Seriously! I found out very late in life. But I will tell you this: your mother doesn't let it affect him. Life was hard on him and he didn't have much to live for. It took time and a lot of support for us to get where we are now."

"Does Aya and Aka know?" Salvador questions as Lance slowly shakes his head.

"I don't think Krolia would have told them. She knows as well, yes, but like me: she found out late in life too." Lance explains as Sal slowly nods.

"He said that his assault happened 17 years ago... if... if what I'm thinking is correct... am I...?" Sal looks lost as he watches his father's face in horror as Lance quickly stands up, placing hands on his son's shoulders.

"Yes! You are my kid. Don't ever for a second doubt that. You are half of me and even if you weren't, I would still love you the same. There was absolutely no way, regardless, that you aren't my child anyways." Lance rolls his eyes, smiling at his son as Sal's shoulders slump in relieve.

"Oh... okay. But I need to know..."

"Your mother will tell you and Elena. I promise."

~•~•~•~•

Boom, minor tweaks but here's part 2!

(The real changes will start soon!)

~Shadow Out!🌑