*^18^*

Keith

"James, where are we even going?" I question as James practically growls at any alpha that dares looks in our direction. "You are aware that I've fought in a 10,000 year war in space side by side with alphas, right?"

"Yeah, well you're on Earth now. So try not to stand out and everything will work out." He smiles gently at me as I roll my eyes, huffing in annoyance. "We're going to a small cafe in the city. It's not far from here, I just thought we could use the walk. See the scenery."

"Well everything seems worst than when we left, but otherwise still here. It's like everything and nothing changed at all..." I point out as I wave at some little cadets roaming the streets as they were given a week of vacation due to Admiral Sandra advocating for their protection. "Is this the cafe? It's... small."

A quaint little brown cafe sat  in between a jewelry stand and an art supply story that sat on the corner. A sign hung above the story that read, "The Griffins' Nest" as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just thought you'd want to meet my parents and my little sister. They all legally changed their last names to mine since they didn't want me to change mine. They're sweet people, you'll love them." James explains as my eyes look at him, incredulously. "I just thought that if you were meeting Lance's family, you should at least meet mine... Right?"

Following after him, I look around at the beautiful decoration hanging on the walls and the family portraits that hung; making it feel homely. Plants filled the corners of the small shop; barrels spray painted gold holding them up before I looked up to see a girl no younger than 12 behind the counter with a bright smile on her face. Her green eyes gleam with every word spoke to a customer before she excused herself to jump into James' arms, her dark brown hair framing her face perfectly. She was obviously a beta, who looked at me before whispering into James' ear before he gave her a nod. "You must be Keith. I'm Janice, but you can call me Nini. I'll get Mom and Dad, okay? Can you hold down the fort for a bit, James?"

"Sure. Keith, pick out a seat and I'll be there in a second." He smiles at me as I nod, walking away slowly.

I pick a seat in the back of the shop, pulling out my phone to see if any news would appear. Just the same message from Shiro stating that our vacation extended for an extra week due to the tests they want to perform on us to make sure we're stable.

"Hah! Yo, that party 9 years ago? Man, that was fun. But I can't believe I go arrested because they deemed that cutie more important that me." A voice spoke as another one snickered. "What did the news say? That he died in space? That he disappeared? Such a shame, I would do anything to see him again. His big purple eyes and those curves. I wonder what he would look like now? I don't think he'd look that different. Just a bit taller, right?"

"Duh, I swear Owen. You're kind of stupid sometimes. I'm actually surprised that you got released two years after I got out. I honestly thought we'd be released together. But man, I missed you dude." The other guy responds as the other guy scoffs.

"No.... that's impossible. That isn't possible. They said.... they said 15 years... Why. Why are they out?" I whisper before looking over to where I heard the voices.

A bluish-brown haired alpha chuckles as his blonde beta counterpart rolls his eyes. "You're not an omega, that's so weak dude. But thanks. Wait, do you smell that?"

"Yeah... that's a good smell- There's a single omega in here. You want to go pick up a babe?" Mason smirks as Owen stands up before I duck.

"Over here... Aye, aren't you a sweet little thing. You know, you are quite the looker there. My buddy and I were thinking we could possibly, I don't know, treat you good. Take you to our place, drink some beers, watch a few movies. We'd have a great time, if you know what I'm saying." Owen tries as I scoff, making sure to look away; trying to hide my face.

"You really believe a few sweet words would be able to give you the chance to try some funny bullshit." I laugh through my teeth, feeling a small wave of fear wash over me. "Now why are you two out?"

"Out? Out from where? The only thing that's about to be out is my little friend and he's really digging the tough omega vibe." Mason responds as Owen highfives him.

Feeling rage replace my fear, I turn my head to glare at the two of them in hatred. "What the fuck type thing is that to say to someone? Why the fuck are you two out of prison?"

"wait, wait, wait.... you seem familiar. Have we met?" Owen places a hand on Mason's shoulder, whose looking at me in confusion before chuckling.

"Oh shit, it's you. Damn, you've grown and wow, you look absolutely beautiful." Mason laughs as Owen turns to look at his friend who smacks the back of his head. "It's that omega, Kile, we smashed 9 years ago."

"My name is Keith, you fucktard. And yeah, it is me. So why the fuck are you two out?" I growl again as Owen joins Mason's laugh before they slide into the booth next to me. Owen removes the clip holding my bangs as my breath hitches.

"Now that isn't any way of talking to an alpha, now is it? Especially your elders. I am disappointed that our lesson did nothing for you. As for why we're out, we got off with parole and good behavior. Plus they thought your cute ass was dead, so it made no point keeping us behind bars. Now how are you alive?" Owen smirks, placing the clip on the counter before placing a hand on my thigh and getting eerily closer to untouchable places.

Grabbing his hand, I deathgrip it before hissing at him; earning a yelp as he tries to pull out of my grip. "I am a paladin of Voltron. I've been fighting in the war and you need to stop being an asshole before I sick my teammates on you."

"Owen?! Mason?! What are you two doing here?" James shouts as his parents rush in behind him; his little sister telling people to calmly leave the shop. "Keith! Are you okay?"

Pushing Owen out of the booth and standing up, I turn to glare at Mason before flipping him off. I turn to James, walking over calmly before placing a small kiss on his cheek and giving him a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Can we go back to the dorms? I don't want to be out right now."

Giving me an understanding look, I receive a nod before I move to shake his parents' hand. "I'm sorry we weren't able to talk for longer. My name is Akira, I was James' best friend and he's asked to court me. I hope to meet you two later, if possible. I'm supposed to chose my alpha tonight at 10. You three are invited. Thank you. Have a good day."

Grabbing James' by his arm, I tug him out of the shop as I shake my head; biting my lip hard.

"Look, are you sure you're okay? We can ask someone to take them to the cops or something." James tries to push as I just smile at him gently.

"You came before anything could really happen. They just realized who I was and you came. That's all I could have asked for really in that situation. I would have killed them or something." I run a hand through my hair before realizing. "Shit! The pin!"

"This pin?" James pulls it out of his pocket as I sigh in relief. "I saw it on the table and grabbed it before we left.

"Thanks." I stop moving as he puts the pin into my hair before cupping my cheek and rubbing cheek. His brown eyes stare into mine as I raise an eyebrow. "What? Is there something on my face?"

"Nothing... it's just. You're really beautiful and I'm just... in awe. I can't believe I haven't seen it before. Your eyes are just the right shade of purple and your nose is so small." He whispers as he leans closer to me as my eyes grow lidded; my brain not catching up with my actions before a voice clears their throat before he pulls away flustered.

"Keith? Is that you?"

~•~•~•~•

You all are probably aware of whose the person that stopped that nastiness called Jeith from happening. You can leave your guesses here and I'll answer (maybe).... Heheh...

~Shadow Out!🌑