*^19^*

Keith

"Keith, is that you?" A woman's voice cuts us off as we both turn to her. Her gray hair loose as her gentle green eyes land on my face with a soft smile. "I knew it was you. You haven't changed in 8 years... Last time I saw you was the court date, wasn't it? Is this young man your alpha?"

"Francesca..." I whisper in shock before backing up from James, face flushed in embarrassment while waving my hands frantically. "No. No! This is James, remember? From the orphanage. My... best friend."

"Best friends kiss in the middle of the street?" She asks slyly while giggling as James crosses his arms, tilting his head to look away from us. "I'm glad to see that I was right. That you two would fall for each other soon enough. Tell me, what are you doing now since I've last seen you? Are you a pilot?"

"I'm a paladin of Voltron, Ms.Wilts. I've been in space for the past year... I was expelled from the Garrison due to reasons." I explained with little detail before she rolled her eyes. "What's so funny?"

"Reasons... you were harassed by the alphas. Don't forget that I was the first person you told about that party and that I helped you. I can read you, Akira." She shakes her head before folding her arms in front of her chest. "Did I intrude on a date? I just realized that I should probably get going..."

"Actually, we had a confrontation with Owen and Mason since they've been released. I haven't seen Ezra yet. But I hoping that I won't have to. We're actually heading back to the Garrison. I have someone I want you to meet." I smile at the beta woman who raises an eyebrow at me; James not sparing the look of shock.

~

"Keith? I've been looking all over for you. You're actually back earlier than expected... Did he hurt you? Are you ready to talk to Kolivan and I?" Krolia shouts as she places hands on my shoulders before I shake my head.

"Hold on, Krolia. This is Francesca Wilts, my omega therapist from 8 years ago. She handed my case 9 years ago and I wanted you to meet her. Ms.Wilts, this is my mother; Krolia." I introduce as Ms.Wilts looks at me and Krolia in confusion before smiling at her.

"You're beautiful, Mrs.Kogane." Ms.Wilts smiles as Krolia turns a darker shade of purple before shaking her head.

"Kenneth and I weren't married, so Krolia is fine. But nice to meet you, thank you for taking care of my son when my mate died. I apologize if he was trouble." She glances at me as I roll my eyes, James wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Not at all. You know, I called him being in a relationship with James there. Who knew I'd be right?" She giggles as Krolia looks at me in shock.

"You chose?! Did you tell...?" Krolia questions as I shake my head before realizing our position wasn't helping.

"Tell who?" Ms.Wilts wonders before several voices fill the hallways.

"Pidge, I swear. Aren't you grounded? Why are you roaming the halls?!" Hunk shouts as the gremlin drops a piece of metal.

"They needed me to construct some things. I couldn't turn Commander Iverson down. Whose more scary: My mom or Admiral Sandra?" She points out as I hear a groan.

"I still don't understand why you two dragged me along. I have to call my Mama and Papa to make sure everything is perfect for- Keith! You're back!" Lance's voice breaks though our awkward silence as he rushes down the hallways towards me as I smile at him before getting pulled into his arms.

Patting his head, I whisper into his ears while I get squeezed. "My therapist is watching... Don't do anything crazy, she doesn't know you marked me; she thinks I'm with James."