*^16^*

Keith

"So what exactly is this whole courtship competition thing and how does it work?" Hunk asks Pidge as she watches James and Lance squeeze each other's hand.

"I thought you would know with Lance being your best friend for years, but the way this works is that Keith is practically an object for three months. He's the center of attention and they're supposed to drown him in gifts and dates. We're never going to see him again." Pidge sighs as Hunk's eyes grow teary before Shiro shakes his head at her, patting Hunk's shoulder.

"Don't do that. You're scaring him, Pidge. James and Lance will compete for Keith's affection by taking him out on dates. At the end of three months, Keith decides who he wants to be marked and mated by; signifying his bond with another for forever. Which is why I disapproved of courting. Especially with all of the paperwork we came here to fill out and look over." Shiro glares at me as I roll my eyes, pulling the two apart; severely annoyed.

"Ok. Will you two stop being idiots and let us get situated into our rooms? Pretty sure we're all tired and hungry right now." I huff as Lance perks up, ears standing tall as he shoulders James; nodding.

"Right. Sorry. So, Iverson.... Where are we staying?" Lance addresses the beta commander as said guy raises an eyebrow before pointing at both of the alphas and me.

"Shouldn't you three be in the same room or something?" Iverson asks as Keith furiously shakes his head.

"No! Alphas are extremely territorial during this competition. Putting us in the same room could result in harassment and violence. Especially if I'm in there. I could suffocate." I explain while everyone raises an eyebrow at me. "I read up on things and I've gotten into a few fights because people thought I was an alpha. Trust me: I want to live."

"Fine by me-!" Iverson shrugs before turning to lead the group before Allura grabs Keith's arm.

"Maybe we could room together? You did promise me a sleepover before this entire thing began. I just want to check up on you and how you're feeling." She smiles gently as I smile back.

"Sure, Allura." I agree as she claps happily.

~

Getting placed into a room with Allura with Hunk and Pidge being on either side of the wall, I sighed as I laid on the queen sized bed. "So I guess we're sharing this bed. If you're fine with it, of course."

"Yeah, it's fine." She sets some of her products on the table before reaching into a bag and pulling a small box out of it. "I have something for you."

"You got me a gift? Why?" Keith questions as she moves to sit next to him while smiling sadly at the box.

"Well, it was something that my mom gave to me before the whole war began. She told me to give it to the red paladin of team Voltron. The original red paladin. Which at first made no sense since we never knew of your second gender." She chuckled before opening the box, revealing a clip made out of the same material that my Malmoran blade is, in the shape of a small flame. "It's to represent the passion and desires that an omega has to fight to protect themselves. The burning sensation to say what's on their mind before being smothered out by other elements. My dad was an omega. And he was the red paladin. You remind me so much of him and I wish you luck with these next few months."

"I... Wow, thank you Allura." I nod as I take the hair clip before using it to tuck my bangs back and put my hair in a ponytail.

"Now as for that outfit..." She jokes as I chuckle before she grabs a few items from her bag. "Do you have any shirts you don't want?"

"Wait what?"

~

Third Person

It was currently around dinner and everyone was inside of the dining area, sitting with bowls of human foods of all variety. "Where's Keith and Allura?"

"Presenting the new and improved: Akira Kogane!" Allura shouts out happily as Keith follows behind her, annoyed.

"I can't believe you ruined my shirt for this." He growled as everyone looked at him in shock.

His plain black shirt was shortened to a crop top and his jeans had huge tears and holes in them, showing off his legs. His jacket missing from the outfit. His hair was held back with a hair tie and the same clip, showing off the feminine shape of his face.

"You look.... beautiful." Lance says in shock as James jabs him in the stomach. "Ouch!"

"Akira, sit next to me. I want to talk to you." James shouts as he points to the chair on the other side of him.

"How about you move your ass to the chair you pointed at and let me sit between you two?" Keith rolls his eyes as James comply, allowing Keith to sit in between them.

James doesn't hesitate before kissing Keith on the cheek, earning a small gag from Lance's niece and nephew. Lance, smirking, grabs Keith's chin before giving him a long and passionate kiss on the lips before whispering in his ear. "I meant it. You've always been beautiful."

"Thanks?" Keith accepts the compliment before backing up in his seat and biting his lip. "Is this going to be how the next three months go?"

"Pretty much." The two alphas next to me agreed with one another as I groan.

"Whatever."

~

"Keith, just the omega I was looking for." Lotor smiles as I cross my arms, staring at him. "I need advice."

"From me? Why?" I ask as he rubs his neck in embarrassment.

"I... wanted to ask Allura for her hand. I need blessings from all of team Voltron since you guys are her pack and Coran is her legal guardian." Lotor whispers to Keith as his eyes gleam with joy.

"Wait, did you court her? Why are you asking for her hand?" I question as he chuckles before shaking his head.

"We don't court. If we share an interest, we ask for their hand. If they accept, then we go through the process of dates and get married." He explains as I nod. "So... do you give permission?"

"Well, with everything going on: a wedding would be a great distraction. Plus, I can see that she's into you. I say go for it bud." I smile as he hugs me tightly, purring loudly.

"Thank you! You're like the little sibling I never had..." He whispers to me before pecking my cheek, gratefully.

"No problem." I chuckle as he rushes away from me, most likely looking for the rest of the team.

"What was that?" A voice interrupts my thought as Allura and Lance both appear from behind me.

"Just Lotor being Lotor. He just asked me for something." I waved it off before passing the two of them, rethinking about the galran's future proposal.

~•~•~•~•

Boom clap the sound of that cough. The virus will go on and on and on and...

This book is coming to a close in just a few short chapters!

~Shadow Out!🌑