*^5^*

"So... it's been awhile since you've been over, Ryan. How's Nadia doing with Nia? I heard that she was starting early with her alpha training." Keith questions, tucking some of his hair behind his ear as he pours the male a cup of water. "Lance stepped out to handle some business at the Garrison. He told me that we can get along with the conversation of tonight, if that isn't a problem. I know that society pushes for this to be a talk between the heads of the household, but you should know that my household is all for equality between second genders."

"I'm well aware, Keith. I'd like for Salvador to begin the discussion." Ryan nods towards the alpha teen who gulps, looking towards his best friend who smiles gently at him; encouraging him to speak his mind.

"I... I don't have much to offer. I'm not super rich and I don't have the wits to stand against you. You're bright, kind and gentle. Your beauty and passion drives me to want to be beside you, yet I don't think I'll ever be good enough for you. However, I would like to say that I know you well and I care for you more than I can put in words. That being said..." Salvador smiles weakly, watching as Raine's face lights up red. "I'd like to court you, officially, Raine. Of course, with the intent of marriage."

"M-marriage? Y-you m-mean...?" Raine stutters, biting his lip as he glances at his father who gives a thumbs up. "Y-you asked my dad?! And you want to mark me?!"

"Yes and yes. He actually wanted me to ask you officially, so we made arrangements. If you don't want to, you don't need to respond! We can just continue doing as we have before. I can wait." Salvador explains, placing his hands on his lap; ears tucked anxiously into his hair.

"I think I'd be stupid to not say yes, if I'm being honest. I thought I was being obvious? I flirt with you way too much for you to just now notice me. So tell me, what exactly changed?"

"It's not that I just noticed you... I've liked you for awhile now, but I was too nervous to ask you out properly. But Mr.Kinkade said something about a diary of yours that convinced me to just go for it." Salvador grins as Raine's cheeks flush red with anger.

"Dad! You went through my diary and told him about it?!"

"It helped you in the long run. Don't boo me, I was right. Now you have a boyfriend." Ryan rolls his eyes, sitting back in his seat as Sal pats the brunette's head. "Yeah, yeah. So Kogane."

The ravenette turns his head from the embarrassed omega teen to his colleague, confused at the sudden maiden name calling. "Yes?"

"Rumor has it that you have another unknown kid. I know that this is none of my business, but I'm curious. Why are we just now finding out about this?" Ryan leans forward on his elbows, raising an eyebrow as the fox's ears pin down to his head. "I find it odd that this is appearing nearly 30 years after the fact. How did you manage to hide a pregnancy?"

"Pure luck, I guess. I mean I just told the hospital to keep me anonymous and to name my child for me. Why are you so curious about it? Would you like to meet her?" Keith questions back as Ryan hums, leaning into his chair as the teens fell silent.

"No, I think we're good. I just wanted to know if the rumors were true, considering we might be family soon."

"Might? My son just proposed to yours. We're going to be family soon and you're going to need to learn to trust me again, like when we worked together for the war."

"Working together and being family is two completely different things, Keith. You're going to have to earn my trust again, starting by being completely honest with me about your past. I also recommend a therapist because it seems like it haunts you dearly."

"Thank you for your opinion. I think this dinner has served its purpose and I'm glad to know your opinion of me." Keith says through his teeth as he stands up, arms crossed. "Sal, can you handle the dishes. I need to make a phone call."

"O-oh. Ok, Ma." The alpha teen watches as his mother storms off towards the stairs as Ryan wipes his mouth, standing up with a yawn. "Oh, um Mr.Kinkade. Are you going to leave now?"

"You heard your mother. Plus it wouldn't be appropriate if I had stayed. An alpha being left alone with an omega that isn't theirs makes for bad gossip and I don't need to stress out my wife." Ryan sighs, grabbing his work bag. "If you wish, you can mark my son today or whenever you come around to our house. But I would make sure it's still fine with your mother beforehand as he might be pissed at what I said."

"Will do."

~•~•~•~•

Hope you've enjoyed the double chapter!

Updates every Monday! (6 chapters left!)

~Shadow Out!🌑