*^2^*

Keith (pretty much always in his POV unless instructed otherwise)

Opening my eyes, I blink slowly; shrugging my shoulders at that weird nightmare before chuckling. Standing up from my bed, I stretch my arms above my head before rubbing my eyes and deciding to take a shower.

Walking into the shared bathrooms, I didn't bother to glance at an ugly morning me before removing my loose fitting clothes.

Huh... I could have sworn it was tight fitting tights and a tank top in my size. Oh well.

Stepping inside the shower, I turned it on to it's hottest setting before standing underneath it and sighing at the feeling while it eats away the aches from my middle section.

I grab my scentless soap before scrubbing at midsection, legs and private before using another rag to scrub my face and neck.

"Aah~..."

Looking around in confusion, I hum before looking out of the shower. "Anyone there?"

Silence? I had to have imagined tha-

"Aah~!"

I stopped scrubbing my neck as I looked at my hand in horror before finding my body off at lightning speed before hopping out the shower and rushing to the mirror.

"No... no... no... I'm not...-!" I begin to panic before a person knocks on the door.

"Akira? The specialist is here to speak with you. Please come downstairs when you're dressed." Ms.Lynn's doe like voice spoke through the door as I ran a hand through my ear before shaking my head.

Walking out and dashing towards my room, I grabbed a t-shirt that fit me like a dress and threw on some adjustable shorts before slipping on my house slippers before walking slowly down the stairs.

"Oh! You must be Akira Kogane. My name is Ms. Francesca Wilts. I'm a beta and I'm 24 years of age. I presented at the age of 15." The gray haired woman smiled brightly as she extended her hand.

Looking at her hand before looking away, Ms.Lynn clicked her teeth in disappointment. "So very sorry for him. He usually isn't this shy. Probably due to his presentation. Go on now Akira, introduce yourself."

"... My name's Akira... But I like the name Keith... I'm 14. I presented yesterday... I'm an omega... aren't I?" I look up with a look of tired realization that I have to come to terms with it myself.

Feeling a pat on my head, I frown as both women glance at each other before giving me a look of pity. "Yeah. But hey! It's not a bad thing! I'm here to teach you everything you need to know and we'll be close friends by the end of the week. I'll break the lessons into threes for each week."

"L-lessons?" I asked warily as Ms.Wilts gives a small nod while smiling brightly.

"Omega etiquette lessons. The do's and do nots of Omegahood. Teach you about your anatomy and all that fun stuff. We should actually begin if you don't mind." She sits down to a couch before pulling out a binder of papers before shaking her head. "We should just start off with an ice breaker. Teresa, if you will."

"Oh. Alright. Let me know how it goes. I'll be tending to the others. You're more than welcome to move to my room if you need more privacy." Ms.Lynn smiled before patting my shoulder. "You'll be fine Akira. She's good at her job."

"Ok..." I gave a small nod as I crossed my arms and took a seat on the other side of her while Ms.Lynn ran out the door since everyone else was outside during their free time.

"So Keith." She caught my attention from looking at the door as I raised an eyebrow. "Do you have friends?"

"Alpha. James Griffin." I immediately spoke as I rubbed my arm. "He's the only person who actually listens to me and pushes me to be better than anything."

"Ok. How did you two meet? Considering that he's an orphan as well, one would think you've met here." She inquired as I shook my head.

"No. My papa saved him from a house fire that both himself, Jame's parents and his older sister didn't make it from." I explained before squinting at the specialist. "What does this have to do with-?"

"Do you hold strictly platonic feelings for James?" She asks quickly while she scribbled down my words onto a notepad.

"Platonic means friendly. Do I hold platonic feelings- Ma'am, he's like a brother to me. He's been there for me for the past five years. I would never like him in the sense of wanting him as a mate." I tried not to laugh as I told her this seriously. "I wasn't supposed to even be an omega. It only made sense that I was an alpha. My mom's an alpha, my dad's an beta. I had an alpha appearance, personality and I'm supposed to be the best. I feel... weak..."

"That brings us to our next lesson: self worth. Usually after presenting, you'll feel a sense of depletion in your self worth and you'll travel into a state of depression. Keith, you aren't weak. You're going through changes. Your best friend could soon end up being your mate, you're going to have needs and special tendencies that no other gender will experience. And that's great. It means you are unique." She lectured as I slowly gave a nod as she placed a hand on my head. "You'll experience your first heat in less than a month. Your body will produce slick when you're aroused and you'll have extreme cramps. That's normal-!"

"Hey Keith! Ms.Lynn told me that I needed to grab something but you were in here, so I didn't care much if I-..." James walks in nonchalantly as he slowly realizes I'm not alone. "Um... what's that smell? Who is she?"

"Why hello there. I'm Ms.Wilts, beta, 24. I'm an omega specialist-..." She began as Keith pinched the woman's leg as James' eyes widened in shock as he dropped the jump rope in his hands.

"You're..."

"Why would you tell him!? That's James! Just... nevermind." I cross my arms and look down as James slowly walks over and kneels on the ground in front of me with a soft smile.

"Hey bro... it's ok. I got your back."

"Thanks Griffin..."

"Anytime Kogane."

~•~•~•~•

Yeah so that's that. The drama and the juicy stuff will come soon. Don't you worry~...

~Shadow Out!🌑