After Marriage Rituals

"Now kick the kalash (small urn) and keep your feet on the red alta and then walk over the white cloth" Neha's mother instructed bondita who nodded at her and did the wat she told her with Anirudh beside her

"Now its time for some interesting rituals!" Neha exclaimed clapping her hands in excitement

Someone came towards bondita with a Steel matka, bondita looked at it confusingly and then at Neha.

"Ok so in this ritual you have to hold the fist inside the pot and make sure that it doesn't slip away from your hand." Neha's mother instructed her

"I never knew this type of ritual exists?" Bondita exclaimed shockingly

"Yes it does. During olden days. this ritual used to be the most important ritual because its said that if the bride can hold the fish and handle it bare hand than she can hold the house and handle it perfectly too. Although now not many people performs this ritual but its been one of our tradition."

Neha's mother explained while bondita nodded her head understanding it

(I don't know what type of fish it is. I saw this ritual in many TV serials, I thought it must be important.)

"Do it fast bondita! Everyone is waiting" Neha told her who nodded in return

She looked inside the pot and gasped moving a few step back as the fish suddenly moved inside the pot. Anirudh who noticed her, grabbed her shoulder to support her.

"Its ok if you don't want to do it. Its just a ritual, we can skip it." Anirudh told her but she was too adamant to do it

"No I am gonna do it!" She replied before she moved her hand inside the pot

She felt her hand touching the fish but she wasn't able to hold it as it was quite slippery. She makes faces whenever the fish slips away from her hand. Anirudh chuckled finding her too cute, only to receive a glare from her. He gulped and focused towards the pot.

Bondita gripped the fish's head tightly and pulled it out before transferring it to another pot while everyone clapped for her, she gave a victory smile to everyone. She looked towards Anirudh who smiled at her amusingly, bondita smirked at him and giggled forgetting everything.

"Now its time for the next ritual and this ritual is basically done to known how the brides and grooms relationship is going to be. I am gonna take small pieces of both of yours topor and mukut and twirl the milk, if the pieces comes close ans stays together till the end then it means you both will stay together and close to each other and if not... then vice versa"

Neha's mother told them while bondita looked at Anirudh sadly and cursed her fate

Neha brought another small golden tub and filled it with milk and rose petals. Neha's mother broke a small part of both of theirs topor and mukut which they both were carrying with them and kept it over the milk before twirling the milk around.

They all looked into the tub closely and saw both the pieces were quite far from each other and this made bondita chuckled mentally. What was she expecting? Even this stupid knew the truth of their relationship which is broken from starting. She looked away as she didn't wanted to show them her tears.

Meanwhile Anirudh who saw everything again looked at the tub and thought

"I know I did a mistake and I am ready for each and every punishment but please Durga Ma, I can't see her sad. You know about my feelings right, You know everything that my feelings are not fake please prove her wrong ma please."

"Look at this!" Suarabh yelled drawing bondita and Anirudh's attention

They looked at the tub and saw that the pieces which was quite far away from each other came together and they both stayed together till the end.

"What does it means ma?" Neha asked confusingly

Neha's mother chuckled and said "It means initially both of their life is going to be a little tough where both of them might not be close to each other but as the days will pass they will come closer and they will stay together till the end just like the pieces which are still together"

Bondita looked at the tub and then at Anirudh who was smiling, somewhere inside her she was satisfied and felt a sense of happiness inside and a hope too, a hope of them being together forever.

"But you know there are who's topor and mukut's pieces stays together at initial but then they gets way from each other which is not good" Neha's mother told while neha looked at suarabh who looked at her like a kid who don't know what he did to receive punishment

"Ok now its time for the last ritual. Bondita you have to go inside the kitchen and watch the milk overflow from the pot. This ritual is considered auspicious and after this ritual you both can take rest, but in different rooms as tonight its kaal ratri and you both can't meet each other tonight. Then tomorrow will be your boubhat and reception."

Neha's mother informed them everything but Anirudh was a little grumpy about it. He wanted to have a conversation with her about everything but looks like the whole universe is against it.

"So tonight I am going to sleep with bondita and suarabh will sleep with Anirudh" Neha announced while suarabh looked at her with wide shocking eyes

"Wait a minute! Its their kaal ratri they will sleep separately! Why are you making me sleep with him, away from you?" Suarabh whined and received a glare from Neha while Anirudh and bondita chuckled at him

"Do you want to sleep away from me for 1 night or 1 week?" Neha asked forcing a smile at him

"No! 1 night is enough" He replied instantly and everyone laughed at him while he scoffed at everyone

Bondita did as she was instructed and then she was dragged by Neha to Anirudh's room while Anirudh looked at suarabh who was looking like someone snatched his favorite chocolate. Anirudh sighed and dragged suarabh with him.

(I am not sure of rituals mentioned above, I have only saw it in TV and thought of writing it down. Its a Bengali wedding bro, Bengali rituals should be added too. So I did it and know I am sure if I am correct or not. Please forgive if I offended someone by mistake. And topor and mukut are the traditional head gears Bengali bride and groom, it is made of natural shola plant and it looks like thermocol )

Don't forget to vote and comment

.

Till then bye bye