Chapter Four: Jiang Kuo shook off the ashes and raised his eyes.

The air seemed to be condensed, and Ting Yu could not speak a word. His cheeks and neck were as red as on fire, and it was so hot that he couldn't breathe.

She pretended to be nonchalant, but Jiang Kuo noticed that she was standing at the entrance with a stiff expression.

He pushed open a window behind him and at the same time bent down to pick up the black vest on the floor and put it on.

In just a few seconds while Ting Yu was in a daze, Jiang Kuo neatly folded the randomly thrown clothes, quickly and quickly picked up the garbage on the ground, and replaced it with new garbage bags.

A few rays of light fell on his burly figure through the old window. He asked her in a deep voice: "Have you eaten?"

"Not yet..." Ting Yu was dizzy and did not look directly at him, lowering her head. She started to walk to the kitchen, "I'm going to make dinner."

"No, come with me to go out to eat." The man picked up a bunch of car keys on the dining table, walked to her and bent down to change her shoes. Only then did Ting Yu smell the strong smell on him. Strong smell of alcohol and tobacco.

"Oh." She slowly put down her schoolbag and followed him out.

Tingyu forgot how she got to the restaurant, so she took a few bites in a daze. Jiang Kuo sat opposite her and smoked silently, with the food in front of him barely touched.

Tingyu looked up at him and took the initiative to break the weird atmosphere of excessive silence between the two of them: "Uncle Jiang, this bowl of cucumber eel is quite delicious and chewy. Try a little."

The man's eyes were deep, and when he looked at her, there was something A complex emotion surged up, and Tingyu met his gaze. For a moment, she felt like she was being burned. She quickly looked away, but heard him say "Okay", and Zhenzhi picked up a small piece with his chopsticks and chewed it.

Tingyu suddenly remembered the essay he had written a while ago and continued to look for topics: "Uncle Jiang, have you ever seen a wild tiger?"

Jiang Kuo was obviously stunned and put down his chopsticks: "I saw it in the mountainous area. What's wrong?"

Tingyu scratched his head in embarrassment, his dark eyes sparkling: "Then have you ever killed a tiger?"

Jiang Kuo was amused by her cute look and shook his head: "Why should I kill a tiger for no reason? ?"

"Oh, that means no more..." Tingyu didn't know why she felt a little want to laugh but also a little disappointed. She asked: "Then do you have the habit of winter swimming?"

Jiang Kuo shook off the ashes and raised his eyes. He looked at her carefully and said in a gentle tone, "Before I joined the army, I read Chairman Mao's biography in my hometown. I impulsively followed his winter swimming with a few boys to exercise my body. One day, I actually swam from the South Bridge to the North Bridge."

"Ah! Really?" Tingyu was boiling with excitement, and a vivid light appeared on her face. Haha, it was almost the same as the content in the essay she wrote randomly!

She smiled brightly and said, "Uncle Jiang, how many years have you been a policeman?"

Jiang Kuo said without hesitation, "I joined the unit right after I returned from the army and have been doing this for 20 years now."

After 20 years as a police officer, he is older than himself. It’s still big!

Tingyu couldn't help but look in awe, and she asked with emotion: "What is the case that left the most profound impression on you in your career?"

This question seemed to stun the man opposite. His expression darkened and his brows furrowed. There was a deep line, and there was a flash of pain in the eyes.

After dozens of seconds, he spoke calmly: "Fourteen years ago, while working as an undercover anti-drug agent, we solved a transnational drug trafficking case. Our actions almost uprooted the other party's entire domestic industrial chain... But Yinbi also offended a lot of dark forces..." He paused and took a long puff of cigarette, "My daughter was only three years old at the time. They kidnapped her and locked her in a prison and fed her heroin to carry out revenge..."

Ting Yu was obviously not mentally prepared, she stood up in shock. She was so worried that she didn't know what to do. She apologized repeatedly: "I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, it's not your fault." Jiang Kuo also stood up and patted her comfortingly. "My daughter's name also has the word 'rain' in it. If she were still alive, she would be as old as you."