Chapter 11: Will I Have An Afterlife?

When I went out, there was a strong wind outside, bursts of thunder, and a hazy sky. People on the road looked depressed and were walking in a hurry.

The wet and cold rain was as thin and dense as cow hair, rushing towards me, hitting my face with a chill. I listened to the rain without escaping, and walked in the rain indifferently, without stopping.

She went straight onto a bus, her hair messy and stuck to her face when she swiped the card, her eyes were dull, and the passengers gave her strange looks. She had no time to care, and sat down in the window seat in the last row like a zombie.

There was no purpose, no matter where the car would go, she just wanted to be quiet.

But how can she be quiet?

Images of naked men and women entangled constantly appeared in her mind, and the sound of collision seemed to still be in her ears, following her like a shadow, and she had a splitting headache.

She pressed her temples heavily, covered her ears almost roughly, and shook her head violently, as if she wanted to get rid of all those memories!

However, the more she wanted to forget, the clearer it became, and the more scared she became, the more she remembered it. Those images quickly overwhelmed her like a tide.

She turned her face sideways and stared at her face reflected in the car window with hatred, and her eyes turned vicious.

Yun Tingyu, you actually had sex with your stepfather, and he wants to divorce your mother for you!

Everything is really terrible and disgusting. Could it be any dirtier?

The rain fell from a high altitude and hit her ears through the glass. Her heart was filled with mist, as if she had fallen into a bottomless abyss.

With nowhere to go and no way to retreat, she was stuck in a dead end.

"Little girl, the terminal is here." The bus master's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked up slowly and saw that all the passengers in the bus were gone.

She clenched her fists and got out of the car, turning into a convenience supermarket with weak steps.

"What do you want to buy?" the cashier staff asked her, looking up as if she had seen a ghost.

Ting Yu remained silent, walked in, and picked up a fruit knife from the long shelf inside.

"How much?" Tingyu's face turned frighteningly pale, and the staff looked at her with more and more panic.

The cashier at the front desk mustered up the courage to ask, "Little girl, what's wrong with you?"

Ting Yu's voice was as cold as ice: "How much?"

"...Ten yuan."

Ting Yu paid the bill and went to the bus station to take the bus.

The carriage on the way back was empty, she didn't sit down, her eyes were still dull.

Opening the door, Jiang Kuo was rarely seen cooking in the kitchen. There was a table of hot dishes. He took off his apron and washed his hands and came out. He saw her in embarrassment and changing her shoes. He stared at her haggard back and frowned, "Tingyu, why are you getting wet in the rain?" Are you hungry?"

Ting Yu turned a blind eye, and Jiang Kuo heard it, shutting himself into the bathroom with a "bang".

The water in the shower head sprayed down "sizzlingly", and a thick mist quickly filled the small space.

She stood in front of the mirror and raised her hand to wipe away the white layer on it. She could clearly see her pale face and the bruises and kiss marks on her body that had not disappeared.

Everything in front of me gradually blurred.

Disheartened, she lay back in the bathtub filled with warm water, pulled out a sharp fruit knife, exposed her wrist without hesitation, and raised the knife with her other hand to cut hard on the artery...

She seemed to hear the sound of the blood vessel splitting.

Pain, a sharp dull pain...

The pain spread to all limbs and bones, and the blood flow accelerated.

She numbly made the second and third cuts, as if it was not her hand, but a pencil she would use for an exam.

The thick blood rushing to her nose spurted out, and she no longer felt pain.

She's so dirty. She wanted to die, she just wanted to die. That's the whole sentence in my head.

Gradually, she felt very cold. The temperature was lost along with the blood volume. She felt as if she was frozen. The hand holding the knife unconsciously let go, and the blood-smeared knife fell to the floor with a clang.

The hand hung down weakly and was engulfed by the water, and the world was gradually dyed into the bloody color of despair.

She thought tiredly: I haven't made any big mistakes in this life, and I can be considered a good person. Can good people have an afterlife? Can I have a healthy family in the next life? Will my parents protect me?

The vision gradually blurred, Tingyu slowly closed his eyes, and his consciousness became trance...

"Tingyu, open the door!"

A frantic knock on the door sounded not long after, Tingyu let himself be immersed in the scarlet blood, his black hair spread out, and he breathed Weak, with heavy limbs.

She seemed to hear someone calling her name softly downstairs again.

"Ting Yu, let's go!"

She smiled involuntarily and silently said in her heart: Don't leave, you stay here and have a good time... I'm leaving first, at dawn.

The fragile door panel was kicked open by Jiang Kuo a few seconds later. He rushed in with a livid face, panicked and anxiously picked her up from the water, held her in his arms, and rushed downstairs.

Ting Yu's face was peaceful and unconscious, like a falling meteor, falling into the boundless darkness without any nostalgia...