𓆗 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞 - 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭

"Are you feeling okay?" Lorenzo asked for the hundredth time, as he led her to the couch and nudged her down into a seated position

"Are you feeling okay?" Lorenzo asked for the hundredth time, as he led her to the couch and nudged her down into a seated position. "You know you should be resting," he murmured mildly, gesturing at her stomach vaguely. He seemed to find the word 'pregnancy' forbidding, having only ever said it about twice; it seemed he still hadn't came to terms with her pregnancy. Though he made quite the show of being rather controlling and alert, completely determined to keep her and the baby out of harms way.

He disappeared into the kitchen with rapidness, before returning with a glass of cold water with ice cubes bobbing in it. "Answer me," he insisted, holding out the water and kneeling in front of her. He looked concerned by her lack of response.

She took the water from him, taking a quick sip. "I'm okay, the baby isn't agreeing with me today is all."

"What do you mean?" Lorenzo's lip curled, eyeing the bulge of her stomach with an expression of distaste. He sat up on his knees and brought his hands up to touch the small bump of her stomach, though he quickly retracted them, as if afraid to hurt her. "What is it doing?"

"You aren't going to hurt me." She took his hands softly, returning them to their place on her stomach. The baby was very active today, kicking. Although it was uncomfortable, it was an amazing feeling.

"I won't?" He asked, his frown becoming more pronounced as his eyes darted all over her body worriedly. His hands were tentative as he moved them, gently pressing down on her stomach; but his gaze was intense, locked on hers. "I might do something wrong or accidentally hurt you and then-"

He cut himself off, inhaling sharply. "And then I'd be the worst of the worst if I did that."

She gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm not as fragile as you think."

His hands rested on her stomach, his eyes on hers - and his expression was a mixture of softness and intensity. Though he tried to disguise it, his voice held a slight tremor. "Is it.. painful?" He asked. "The baby kicking like that?"

"It's uncomfortable but wonderful at the same time." Her voice was soft, almost soothing.

"I-" Lorenzo began, "I wouldn't call the kicking wonderful" he muttered, eyes narrowing slightly for a moment, before he sighed, leaning forwards to place a tiny kiss on her belly. "And I hate seeing you so... so miserable" he admitted, after a moments thought.

She gave him a small laugh. "It's not a horrible thing. I'm growing our baby. I think it's wonderful."

"It is- It is" he stammered, running his hands over your stomach, "I just- it's just that you look miserable."

"I promise you I'm fine." Her hands softly rubbed his lower arms in reassurance. "Stop worrying so much."

"I can't-" Lorenzo began, "You're pregnant. With my child. My child!" He seemed almost shocked by it.

She placed a soft kiss on his head, "You're going to be a wonderful dad."

He smiled, "And you a wonderful Mother." The tension had left his shoulders.