𓆗 𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 - 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Valentine's Day; a dreadful time of year for some, and wonderful for others

Valentine's Day; a dreadful time of year for some, and wonderful for others. The way the day occurred often relied upon the most relevant statistics; whether or not you had a Valentines. Although the results varied — some would sulk, whereas others would be reveling in the available sensation.

She didn't quite have the luxury; the second that Tom fucking Riddle discovered she had not acquired a date, he'd been relentless. Lying to others claiming the position, so as to ensure they wouldn't try to score for you — he couldn't let that happen — and then following her throughout the corridors to taunt her for her singularity. "I find this hilarious, sweetheart. You really don't have a bloody date, do you?" His penetrating eyes seemed to sparkle with amusement as he kept his pace with her, taking advantage of his long legs and charming every other girl in the corridor with his stupid smug smirk.

He was the most insufferable prick, hands down.

She, on the other hand, continued to ignore his words and his presence as she rampaged down the corridors in an attempt to get him to go away.

Despite her avoidance, it didn't deter him in the slightest. Rather, it seemed to fuel his motivation to engage her further. His stride lengthened even more, closing the gap between them even as she walked at a rapid pace.

In an effort to break down her resolve, Tom changed his approach, switching up the tactic that he previously used to antagonize her. "You know, darling, if none of the lads want you, you can always come to me." He taunted casually.

Those words made her stop dead in her tracks, causing him to bump into her from behind. "You can't be serious." She laughed, her face full of amusement.

This girl.

The thought flashed through his mind the moment she chose to laugh at his proposition rather than cower or lash out at him for the insolence. It was a novel reaction and one that piqued his interests.

"You think I'm joking?" Tom asked, his brows furrowing as he looked at her directly, with a sharp look to accompany it.

She turned on her heel, jabbing a finger into his chest. "If you think I'm going to spend my Valentine's Day with you, after you cheated the system, then you're delusional."

His eyebrows furrowed further as she jabbed her finger into his chest, but the corner of his lips twitched. It was evident he was surprised by her reaction to his proposition, though it gave him a greater desire to see her fall for him. After all, he was nothing if not competitive.

"Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic, darling?" Tom spoke, his tone laced with amusement whilst simultaneously trying to rile her up.