𓆗 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐭 - 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

Leaning over his desk, halfway through the charms exam, Theodore's voice cut through the silence

"Are you alright?" Theodore asked in a hushed tone, his blue eyes narrowing intelligently as he noted the bags beneath her eyes, results from exhaustion. He'd been watching her mannerisms for the past half hour, intent on uncovering the root of her skittish behavior. "Is it your anxiety?" He inquired, as if it had just struck him that she was unfortunately plagued by the condition. His brows raised in concern, and he tilted his head, searching her face for any sign of confirmation.

She was sitting in her seat at her desk beside him, fiddling with a ring Theodore once gave her to help. She was stuck in a trance until his second question came through, causing her to jump slightly before she turned to look at him. "W-what?"

The corner of his lip turned upwards ever so slightly, an amused smile curling his lips. It was amusing, how she tended to jump every time he spoke to her.

He raised a brow at her, "I asked if you were feeling alright?" He repeated in a slightly louder tone, however it was still quiet, to keep this conversation between the two of them.

She took a deep breath before she spoke, "I uh.. yeah, I'm fine."

"I don't think you are." He stated, not as a question, but as a statement. He noted that her hands were trembling and the dark bags beneath her eyes. "You look exhausted." He observed in a quiet tone, as if he was attempting not to upset her with his words. His brows knitted, and his lips dipped downwards into a frown. "When did you last sleep?"

She leaned forward, pulling out her planner from behind her book to check the date. "Uh.. Tuesday." She said before tucking her planner away again. It was now Friday. She spent most of her nights staring at her ceiling, restless.

His brows knit even tighter, and he tilted his head. "Four days." He muttered. "You haven't slept in four days?"

She chewed on her bottom lip as her gaze landed back on his, locking their sights. "I haven't been able to." Her voice was quiet, exhausted.

His gaze remained calm and steady, not betraying any of his emotions. Though he must admit, he felt a bit panicked on her behalf. "Have you tried taking any sleeping potions? Or tried any spells to get yourself any rest?"

She sighed. "I haven't even thought about it." Her gaze fell to her lap, where she continued to play with the ring. "I don't like sleeping alone."

Theodore crossed his arms over his chest, a look of concern appearing on his features as he thought about that. He wasn't surprised that she couldn't sleep alone, she had been prone to panic attacks without some sort presence by her side, but four days?

He sighed, placing his hands on the desk, leaning closer to her. "Why haven't you come to me?" He asked quietly.

A frown formed on her lips at his words. "I didn't want to bother you."

He scoffed, it was impossible that she would ever bother him. "Please, do you think I'd ever consider you asking for my assistance as bothersome?" He asked softly, his voice calm despite his internal panic.

"I'm your boyfriend, it is my obligation to assist you with whatever you may require. The way I see it.. I failed you. I should've realized your exhaustion before now."

She looked back up at him, her face full of sadness. "You didn't fail me, you had no idea."

"But I should have." He whispered, still feeling guilty that he hadn't noticed her exhaustion sooner, hadn't realized that she'd been sleeping alone before now. "And either way, you should never feel like you cannot ask me for anything, ever." He stated firmly, still a whisper, but stern enough. "I will never turn you away, my love."

She gave him a soft smile in return, scooting her chair closer so she could place her head on his shoulder.

His arms, until now folded, wrapped around her as she leaned against him, and his ran his fingers through her hair. "Now, you need some rest." He ordered. "You've been up for almost four days, and it's not healthy. You must be exhausted."

All she did was nod before her eyes fluttered shut as his cologne filled her nose, with a mix of cigarettes. She felt at home when she was with him and this had been the most comfortable she had been for days.

"Sweet dreams." He whispered, his tone softer than normal. Perhaps, more gentle as he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead; trying not to disturb her soon slumber.