𓆗 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 - 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"A lot of people have asked me to go to the ball as their date", Draco remarked as he left her into the enchanting clearing at the heart of the Forbidden Forest

"A lot of people have asked me to go to the ball as their date", Draco remarked as he left her into the enchanting clearing at the heart of the Forbidden Forest. It was a beautiful place in the day time. "I haven't gave an answer yet", he continued slyly, as he lit a cigarette, placed it between his lips, and began climbing up the tallest tree.

When he reached the top, he exhaled a plume of smoke and gave her an expectant look, "Are you going? Do you have a date?"

She watched him from below, sitting down on the forest floor. She was never much of a climber, her short body almost forbade it. "I don't know. I've turned down at least five boys by now."

Draco smiled, his expression a touch sardonic as he looked down at her, "Five, eh? I can see why — they're just not your type."

"So what exactly — is — your type?" He asked playfully, his voice a lilting, sing-song as he took a type drag of his cigarette.

"I haven't really thought about it." She paused, taking a moment to think. "I think I just want someone who is only loyal to me, who can get me to laugh at ease. That gets rid of more than half the school itself."

His lips twisted into a half-smile as his gaze remained locked on hers, absorbing her thoughtful response. He exhaled another plume of smoke into the forest canopy, his eyes narrowing as he thought about what she had just said.

"Loyal and funny — I like it. Those would be my top criterias as well. And you're right — that does get rid of more than half of the school. Most people just want someone hot and trendy. That rules out a lot of people too", he teased.

"I don't go for looks, if he's handsome then its a plus. His heart has to be right, you know?" She smiled up at him as she watched him smoke his cigarette.

Draco's gaze remained fixed upon her as she spoke, watching her intently through the veil of smoke. A hint of a grin tugged at his lips as she spoke of her priorities over looks, and he tilted his head slightly , exhaling another wreath of smoke in a lazy attempt to punctuate his words.

"Absolutely. I would much rather take someone kindhearted over someone who simply had good looks. I mean, how can you love someone without a good heart?", he spoke quietly, his tone soft with understanding as he watched her carefully to gauge her reaction.

She simply nodded in response. "The Yule Ball is a good excuse to dress up, but nobody has sparked my interest." She took a moment to look around at her surroundings before continuing, "Who are you going to go with?"

Draco followed her gaze as she glanced around the enchanting forest grove, his eyes lingering on the vibrant colors and foliage. "Mm, you're right." The Yule Ball is an excellent excuse to dress up — and for a night of music and celebration.

"And to answer your question.." He leaned his elbows against the tree's trunk, and took another drag of his cigarette before speaking, ".. I don't have a date yet. The ball is a week away." His voice trailed off as his eyes once more landed on her, his gaze expectant.

She smiled as she looked up at him again, watching him intently. "You have how many girls to choose from, you'll have to say yes to someone."

Draco smirked slightly as he met her gaze, a hint of an impish grin tugging at his features. "Well, that's true — I do have the entire school to pick from", he replied playfully. However, he quickly added, "But, it's a matter of finding the right one. Looks aren't everything and neither is popularity. A person needs to get soul and spirit that clicks and connects."

His gaze was laced with an undertone of generousness that was unexpected from his usual, playful demeanor.

She really wanted to attend the Yule Ball, but she didn't want to be one of those people that went alone. So before she could fully decide, she spoke up. "Would you want to go with me?"

Draco's eyes flashed with surprise as she spoke, the glint of a grin remaining on his features. He exhaled another wretch of smoke into the surrounding air, savoring her straightforward proposition.

He took a moment to think, his lips curling into a lazy smile as he considered the implications of his response. After another moment, he finally spoke. "Of course — I would love to. Are you sure you want to go with me though? It's an elaborate affair, and it can get tedious if the company isn't good", he warned playfully.

"I think you'll be excellent company."

Draco's smile widened, exposing the white teeth and perfect grin that he was so well known for. His gaze was playful as he took another drag from his cigarette and flicking it away.

"Excellent company, hmm? Well then, it's settled." He replied. "I'll be honored to be your date for the night", his tone playful and flirtatious.