Part 8

Alex knew the day he left the room something is happening with Henry but he didn't care much seeing he is more looking forward to his trip back home. He promised himself he would call to check on him. He never trusted Henry when he says that he's alright. Little part in him knows something might happened that made him so upset and he wonder if it's his family or is it something else.

He and Nora ride the same cab to the airport before they both parted in two different flights. Nora is headed to New Orleans to see her family while Alex headed to Austin. Few hours later and he already arrived and as soon as he exited the arrival gate, he saw June holding on to a board written with colorful loves and glitters that says;

"Welcome Home baby bro!"

He laughs at the sign and immediately dragged his luggage with him for her hug. "I miss you!" June hugged him tight in her arm as he returned the same. It almost felt like he never left home seeing her jumping in excitement for his returned. "Where's mum?" He asks seeing it's only her at the airport and her smile dropped, "Home, waiting for you." She says and wrapped her arms around Alex's elbow dragging him out from the airport towards the parking lot.

"So? Have you met anyone? Tell me everything." June starts as soon as they rolled out from the parking lot headed to the freeway. Alex smiled widely putting on his sunglasses over his face and taps on his phone for a photo. "This is Henry, my roommate. And that is Nora, my best friend." He starts letting June steal glances over his phone before turning her focus back on the road.

"Damn! Your roommate is hella cute. Is he-?" She asks knowing well of Alex sexuality and he shook his head at her. "Nah, Henry is different. He's from London. He's uhm- he's still in a closet, I think." Alex says earning June a sharp glanced before turning her gaze back to the road. "What do you mean? Is he or isn't he?" She asks and Alex laughs, "I don't think Henry knew who he is yet. But he's getting there." June can see Alex is so smitten talking about Henry and she nudge his arm with her elbow earning Alex another wide smile.

It took them an hour to arrive at their estate home here in Austin and the moment June's car pulled up at the front yard, Alex can see his mum came out holding a towel in her hand. He literally jumps out from the car and ran towards her hug that he had missed for so long. The scent she carried brought back memories of them during his childhood.

Her warmth, her smile and the way her hair brushing towards Alex's cheek felt everything better and he can see she is doing well for herself. She is radiant and she is more happier right now seeing him back home. "I miss you so much." Alex says wrapping his arm around her neck and she smiles at her son, "I miss you too. Come on!" She yelled towards June and him to enter and as Alex did, the smell of roasted potatoes and the turkey cooking in the oven brought nothing but blessing in his heart. He is home.

It wasn't until his eyes landed at the person stood in the middle of his house and his smile dropped. "Who the hell are you?" He asks and Ellen smacked him over his arm, "Language." She scolded him and Alex had his eyebrow crooked into a line. "Who is he?" He asks and he saw the guy holding out a glass of champagne in his hand and handed to Alex. "My name is Oscar, Oscar Diaz and I'm - uhh.." He stops before Alex can see his mother wrapped her arms around the guy's waist, "Oscar is my date for the evening." She continued and Alex eyes widen at their words. "I'm sorry what??" He half yelled and June was halfway inside their home when Alex shot her a look, "Did you know about this?" He asks her and she sighed desperately knew how he's gonna react.

"I live here, of course I knew." She adds and Alex cocked his eyes at the guy with his hand over his waist. He denied his offer for the champagne earlier and the guy politely handed it to Ellen. "Look, Alex I know you feel awful about me dating but darling, I'm a grown woman, I can handle myself." Ellen defends earning Alex a scoffed.