Part 22

Alex

The drive to LAX was brutal for Alex but since his mother had promised to meet Oscar there and go back home together, Alex agreed to go with their plan. As long as those plans got him the hell out of that place as soon as possible. Oscar joined them at the terminal hours later and Alex was glad for his parents money to be able to purchase the ticket that soon.

He barely said any words as they rode back in the cab back home and it was more depressing compared to the last one. Alex barely said a word when they arrived and it was purely heartbreaking to see him like this. It was late when the time they arrived and Alex wanted to head straight to his room leaving his mum and Oscar by the door unloading the luggage only his sister got in the way. June was surprised to see her brother came back for the remaining of his vacation days and Alex didn't even bother to greet her when he arrived.

"Woah, back so soon? Thought you might want to sulk a bit longer." She says smirking as Alex get off the car and grabbed his bag pack over his shoulder. He glared at her standing at the door but couldn't be bother by her words and instead of returning her sarcastic comments on his fleeing, he walked pasts her and she can see the look on Alex's face is different that the usual.

"Fuck off June." He says and June was taken back by his tone but when she wanted to reply his cruel act, their mother stepped in between them. "Leave your brother be." She warns her and Alex was already lost inside the house headed straight upstairs into his room slamming the door for everyone to hear sending signals not to be disturbed.

"What happened to him?" She asks as she helped her mother with their luggage and Oscar smiles when she turned her gaze towards him. June was surprised seeing him back here, sending her mother home and somehow she felt relieved overcome her little worry hearts. "Good to see you again Oscar." She says giving him a hug and he smiled sincerely towards her.

"You both has a lot to catch up on. I'll leave you to it." He says and Ellen smiles kissing him on his lips softly earning June a smile but she hides it later by pressing her lips. "Goodnight June." He says before getting in his car and drove away. June glared at her mother next to her before she dismissed her blushing away into their home. "Something happened, tell me!" She yells behind her as she followed her inside their home.

Soon as Ellen placed her things down in her room, she joins by June standing by her door framed pleading her to tell her everything that happens. "Not now June. I'm exhausted." She says and June sighed, "Come on mum, please. Don't leave me out of it. When did you guys get back together? Why is Alex's moping in his room?" She asks lots of questions towards her mother as Ellen starts unpack but she could only sighs at her.

"Not tonight June, please." She says as she tossed her bag to the ground and headed to her bathroom shutting the door to escape from June's questions. June sighs desperately letting her mum be after their journey but intended to find out the rest of it tomorrow instead. So she went to her room, shutting the door to their quiet home and hoped she will get her answer soon.

.

It shocked June from her sleep when she heard Alex screamed at this dreadful hours. She wasn't sure if she heard it right but when she heard her brother screamed again and a glass broke shattering, she jumped out from her bed and ran towards his room. She found her mother already by Alex side holding on to him as he cried on her shoulder and the broken glass shattered on the floor of his bedroom. "What happened?" She asks and Ellen turned her gaze towards her by the door. "Stay in your room, Alex is just having a bad dream." She says and June find it odd seeing Alex never had bad dreams before only when they were little. But the look on Alex's crying face tells her that it wasn't just a dream, it was something different. Something must have happened to him that made him disturbed like this.