Part 31

They all ran back towards the waiting area and saw Ellen spoke to one of the staff in blue scrubs which Phillip assumed is the doctor and immediately after they saw him, they stopped talking. "How is he? Is he alright?" Phillip asks frantic at the thought of Henry. His heart races faster than usual and his mouth gaped panting in his own breath from all the running.

"Barely." Ellen snapped holding on to her waist and Phillip didn't understand what she meant by that. He could see fury in her eyes before the doctor finally spoke again. "I assumed you're the relatives?" She asks flipping through the papers in her hand and Phillip nods, "Brother." He adds.

"He suffers from couple of broken ribs and mild bleeding in his brain. Nothing that requires surgery at the moment but it would be a hell of a recovery. I believes he was hospitalized couple weeks back for some trauma?" She asks and Phillip turned his gaze towards Ellen and Shan next to him.

"Yes." He answered softly and the doctor had a concern look on her face. "I need to ask you something." She eyed Phillip and he nods. "I saw the cuts over his wrist, could this be another attempt of suicide by throwing himself down the stairs?" She asks blindly and it really triggered Phillip's anger towards her.

"What the fuck would that implies?! That my brother deliberately jumped floor to floor so he could get the attention?!" He raised his voice towering closer to her and Shan already jumped to his side holding him back from charging at the doctor. "If he wanted to kill himself why jumped floor to floor?? Why not from the roof itself!! Are you that STUPID or are you that ignorant to see that he was actually attacked in your fucking hospital?!" He yells at her causing her to call the security on him.

"Sir, I'm trying to understand things." The doctor adds hiding herself behind the security guards while Phillip being held by Shan and Oscar on each side.

"Then understand this. If you so much speak about my brother or wrote about him being suicidal then know that I'm going to sue you and the hospital for malpractice and patient profiling." Phillip threatened and he could see the horror stricken on her face after she heard him. Phillip didn't bother to wait for her reply and left the waiting room headed straight to Henry's room.

"Forgive me but I didn't mean to trigger anyone." The doctor continued after Philip left and Shan shook his head at her. "It's fine. He's bit on edge, his brother is everything to him. Henry had been through a lot." He explained and the doctor nods at his word.

"I'm not stating that he is suicidal but we run a drug trace in his blood and it came back positive for opioids. Could be he's under influenced of a drug that made him stumbled and fell down the stairs?" She asks concerned and Shan had his eyebrow furrowed at her, "Wait, w-what? Henry never took opioids, just couple of melatonin for sleep and mostly diphenhydramine for his anxiety." Shan explained and he can see Ellen and Oscar are literally confused next to him.

"After what happened to Henry's sister and mother, for abusing drugs in their lives, Phillip had a deal with the doctor to give Henry antihistamine instead of real anxiety pills to help him. He never knew this but Henry never took anything other than those two for his anxiety or his sleep disorder." The doctor flipped through the pages on her folder showing them the results and noticed she was right.

"You think Henry is drugged?" Oscar asks and Shan sighed rubbing his fingers over his trimmed beard, "I have no idea but I need to tell Phillip about this, excuse me." He told them before he left the waiting area to find Phillip to let him know about this. Ellen sighs thanking the doctor for her work before she wrapped herself around Oscar. "Let's go back to Alex." Oscar says and she nods in agreement.

.

When both Ellen and Oscar arrives at Alex's room, he can see Alex is sitting on bed with his head propped straight and June sat on the chair next to him. Their head turned immediately at the door when they entered in hope he could see Henry but to his luck, only his mum and Oscar came through the door.