Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Shivering in an empty, white room on the other side of the doors was not how I imagined being naked with Ryken in my head.

Dana and Sullivan weren't there in my head either.

Viking was, sometimes. But that was just a fantasy that I knew could never happen.

And yet there I was, naked with all four of them. I tried not to let that get to me but Dana was everything a wolf should be strong, beautiful, and physically perfect. I was not.

My bones were sharp against my skin and I felt the cold like a human so my skin and nipples were pebbled.

I crossed my arms over myself and avoided all eye contact.

Then the steam turned on.

It was fucking freezing and fogged the room.

I sucked in a breath, holding it as we were sprayed.

After the longest minute of my life, the water turned warm. I sighed and let the breath I was holding out.

"Any chance you're going to tell us what we're doing in here naked?" Viking boomed out as the spray died down.

There was no answer from the robot voice.

A blue laser light scanned the room and I looked around at it, making sure it wasn't going to cause me pain. It didn't.

"De-contamination complete. Please go through to the next stage of orientation," the voice finally said.

Dripping wet, we made our way towards the double doors that opened into a white hallway.

Maybe they didn't know there were other colors?

My hair dripped down my back, the water droplets making streaks over me. I kept my arms wrapped around me.

The wolves strode, taller than me and with confidence like we weren't being subjected to being naked and probably perved at.

Then again, being naked probably came easy to them. It didn't to me. I was never naked anymore. Not even when I was selling my body.

It was easier to keep my clothes on at all times in case I had to run or fight.

But I didn't have to do that here.

I did have to get over my insecurities and try to pretend like this didn't bother me at all or the wolves would smell the weakness on me.

Dana and Sullivan went through the hallway first. Then Viking took up the whole space with his giant body.

Ryken next, with me wedged in next to him.

My shoulder brushed his arm as the doors closed behind us and he looked down at where our skin met.

It instantly warmed me but I said nothing, showed nothing.

Neither did he.

He did take a slight step to the side though so we were touching as little as possible.

The rejection stung but it was just another thing I had to accept.

We were trapped in the white hallway for a minute before the side doors opened. One on each side.

"Males to the left. Females to the right."

I looked to the right as Dana went in. I followed her, the burn in my shoulder where I left Ryken still tingling. I rubbed it away, ignoring the subsequent burn in my lower stomach.

Dana and I stood in another white room with two hospital beds.

Three people in head-to-toe white outfits and blue shoe nets came out of a blended-in door and I backed closer to the exit.