Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Whoever came up with the saying, 'saved by the bell' had clearly never met the scientists.

I was starting to wish I had never met them either.

How was I meant to go from hating Ryken, from enjoying every moment of his discomfort to providing his pleasure?

I had thought I could.

I had thought that it would be easy, to just give in, to let the attraction take over and send me spiraling into oblivion with him.

But everything in my brain made me tense at the thought.

I shook my head and stepped back. My chest was tight as I pursed my lips.

"Fuck this is stupid," I let out a breath and turned away from Ryken.

He was silent, watching me, his eyes tracing every movement I made like he was waiting for his moment to pounce. In this instance, he was the hunter, I was the prey.

I hated being the prey.

"I can't do this," I said, putting my hands on my hips as I stepped further back.

Ryken stepped forward, "You don't have a choice, Hybrid. You signed a contract, remember?"

Yeah, I fucking remembered. But I was mentally impaired. My brain was underdeveloped from trauma. I couldn't be trusted to make my own decisions. That was incredibly apparent the longer I stood in the room with Ryken.

The bell kept ringing and I cringed at the sound, holding my hands to my ears, trying to block out the noise. The sound was too much. There was too much pressure.

I wasn't against sex. Sex was a physical necessity because I was part wolf and that thing had the mind of a whore.

But I was against sex with Ryken.

Anyone from that pack.

They had been chasing me for years, doing disgusting, depraved things to me for years. And I was meant to forget that? To fuck him knowing that after Summer, he was going to go back to being one of those pack members with his dad?

If the rumors were true, then he was going home to become the Alpha. And then what? I get my head on a spike at their gates?

The thoughts overwhelmed me and I sucked in breath after breath, trying to open my chest through the panic.

I clenched my eyes shut, turning towards the door, and leaning my forehead against it.

The metal vibrated with the sound of the bell, ordering me to turn around and be the hybrid I needed to be. The one who needed that 50K.

I had signed a contract, I had to keep my word.

But I didn't know how to when the bell was so loud. My thoughts louder.

And then he was behind me. His huge body brushed against the back of mine. He pressed against me so I was pushed into the door.

I sucked in a breath, refusing to open my eyes. I swallowed hard and let out a shaky breath.

"Kenzie," he said, his voice low and seductive. It resonated deep in my stomach, making it clench.

Kenzie. He had called me that for the entire three days, it took them to deliberate kicking me out or not. I hadn't heard it since.

Ryken's fingers brushed against my neck, the tips light over the skin as he pushed my hair to the side.

Then he bent down, pressing his lips against the back of my neck.