Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Their drug worked.

I didn't need any more tests to prove that.

I wanted Ryken. It was taking over everything in my mind. The need and desire that was already a substantial part of my thought process when it came to the Alpha, was accelerated to the point that survival was no longer my priority.

Getting Ryken's touch was.

I hated it. But I craved it.

The glow in the water felt like it was moving inside of me, creating chaos wherever it touched, making the need worse with every second that passed.

I clutched the clothing I held to stay afloat and looked away from Ryken.

His eyes watched me like a predator and the connection that always lingered between us tried to make itself even more known.

I felt like a magnet, being pulled towards him with no choice in the matter.

I licked my lips and clenched my eyes shut, fighting against the feelings as hard as I could.

"There's no bell," Ryken growled. I risked peering at him.

His hand was white knuckling the handle as he spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.

"So we can't do anything about the lust demon clawing its way through our insides?" Dana snarled.

I tried to take calming breaths but they were hot and every intake was filled with his scent.

Everyone's eyes were glowing electric blue with the drug. Even the humans.

"Is that part of the test then? To see how long we resist because our survival depends on it?" I growled, looking up at the scientists all grinning down at us.

"And if we tell them to go fuck themselves and fuck anyway?" Sullivan demanded, pulling the finger at the spectator box.

The scientists weren't fazed.

Of course, they weren't. They weren't being destroyed from the inside out by an overwhelming need to get dicked.

I turned to Ryken again and a swell of lust rose in me. A small moan escaped my lips and he growled, moving slightly closer.

If he got any closer, I was not going to care if there was a bell or not.

"There's an electric mechanism in our wristbands. If we don't do as we are told, we'll get zapped," I explained, "Since we're all in water, I would advise against it."

I barely managed the words out. Every breath was dangerous.

They felt heavy in my chest, full of smoky lust that made everything in my mind fog. I just wanted the ache to stop. I wanted Ryken to relieve that.

"Much longer and I am not going to have a choice," One of the rogues gritted out through a clenched jaw. He looked at the female rogue he had been paired with, his eyes dark, his teeth baring.

His eyes roamed over all of us.

He was hungry, stalking.

And yet the drug did not make me feel like that towards him.

I only had that soul-deep ache to be satisfied by Ryken.

It would have been interesting if I wasn't burning up from the inside out and risking test-wide electrocution.

My stomach was so tight, my core burning. My nipples were hard peaks against the fabric of my bra. It was a painful rub against them that made me want more and burn worse.