Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Viking was grinning, breaking the rogue's fingers as he held him in a body lock. The rogue was screaming, growling, trying to break away from him but that just made Viking more manic.

He snapped each finger, laughing like he was having the time of his life as he did.

"Viking!" Ryken called across the 'outside' rec area.

Viking's head snapped up and he grinned at Ryken.

"Just in time, Alpha. Want to start on his toes?"

We all walked forward, the others watching but not interrupting. I stopped at the front of the watch circle as Dana moved in with Ryken.

Ryken looked over the rogue before back up at Viking, "What happened?"

"Wandering fingers, Alpha. Thought he could touch what's mine, isn't that right fucker?" Viking growled at the Rogue who was snarling, trying to struggle out of his hold.

"I didn't fucking mean to you big brute!" The rogue argued.

Viking laughed darkly, "Then maybe this will teach you to be more careful."

"Viking," Ryken said.

Viking nodded, twisting the rogue's hands even more, "I know. I know. Almost done." Then he turned the rogue to face a blushing Hope, "Apologise."

"Sorry," The rogue tried.

"Nope, not good enough." Viking twisted his hand more until the rogue screamed.

The robot voice came on then, from what speaker? I had no idea.

'As stated in the rules, no fighting or killing. Thank you.'

I scoffed at that, my thigh still burning from Dana. No fighting- unless the hybrid was involved.

Viking pushed the rogue down and leaned close to him, "I've got your scent rogue. Come near my human again and I'll use it to hunt you down the second we are free from this place," he warned then grinned and walked towards Ryken.

They shared a look, one that made me look away. It was their moment.

And I was still fuming from the shower block incident.

He had stopped me.

Let Dana stab me, sure but let me get her back? Of course not. She was a part of their stupid pack and I wasn't. That would always put me on the back foot.

With a knife in my back.

I glared at Ryken as he whispered to Viking. I didn't give a fuck what they were saying. Ryken had been planning to kill me this entire time. On some level, I knew that. I wouldn't have survived as long as I had if I didn't have that paranoia about everyone.

But I had hoped that Ryken wouldn't be such an asshole to plan my murder while fucking me for the summer.

Disappointment sank in my gut and I shook my head.

Fuck him and fuck his pack.

I left the watch circle and went to the library.

I shut the door behind me and went straight for the coffee. I made one and then started investigating the walls lined with books.

I pulled out a few, read the back then put them back, not sure what I was in the mood for. That was a lie. I knew what I was in the mood for.

Stabbing Dana in the thigh.

I looked down at my thigh, which had leaked red all over my white pants.

I should've probably gone to get that cleaned up but I wanted them to look at it, stare at it like they won something. Then see their faces drop when they realized I was an expert at the long game.