Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Fuck. My. Life.

I knew that signing up with the scientists would be hard. That they weren't handing out 50K to have fun for the summer. I also knew that my life had no purpose and that becoming a test subject was at least something to do.

But what I didn't expect?

Alpha fucking Ryken in my face and my space every damn day.

I might have changed my mind on that money if I had known.

I could handle seeing him every now and then. I could handle the cubicle, the cart, and even experiments with the egotistical, hot as fuck asshole Alpha. But what I couldn't handle?

Sharing a room with him.

Not just a room though, no. A bed too.

I walked into my assigned bedroom- which was a generous word for it- it was more like a cubicle and had been impressed with all the clean lines and crisp, white linen.

There were no windows and the space was small, the glass panel on the wall making me a little paranoid but it was more than I had most of the time so I could deal.

But then he walked in.

With all his masculinity to scent up the place. It was small enough with me in it, the bed a tight squeeze already. He looked like he was going to take up the whole damn thing.

To say I was unimpressed was an understatement.

But then I saw the stormy look on his face, the idea of sharing with me pissing him off something wicked, and felt a teeny bit better about the situation.

There was only a bed in the room with a tiny desk, computer, and chair on the side of it.

Before I could dibs a side, the robot voice came on through the overhead speakers.

"Females on the right, please. You will be having the injections first in the morning. There is a map on the wall which will show you where the communal bathrooms are. Please see The Nexus rules on the tablet. Any questions, wait to be collected for lunch."

The voice clicked off and I looked around the room again.

It had neon blue strip lighting in every corner, even running along the bed.

Everything was state of the art, high tech like we'd just walked onto the set of the latest sci-fi movie. It was a little intimidating since I was still figuring out the touch screen on my phone.

I walked around to my side of the bed and laid down on it.

It was comfier than the five-star hotel I had stayed at before coming here.

I snuggled in, scrunching my pillow in between my shoulder and neck, sighing as I closed my eyes.

"Stay on your side of the bed, hybrid," Ryken warned but I was way too comfy to let his crankiness get to me.

"Or what, Alpha? You'll eat me?" I peered one eye at him, taunting him but he was grinning devilishly back.

"Yeah and then I'll fuck you," he snapped, going to the map on the wall and eyeing it, inspecting it.

I sat up and turned to him, crossing my legs.

"You know, you're probably going to have to fuck me anyway so that really isn't the threat you think it is."

"I'm not going to make it through this Summer," he muttered tracing the lines of the map.

"One can hope," I sighed wistfully, winding him up on purpose before getting up to grab the tablet on the desk.