//27//

A couple days ago,

It was time to do a presentation for the project.The project was writing a meaningful story using animals as the main characters.Basically a fable.

Jeongin had suggested the idea on what Jisung and him should do.Jisung agreed with it and they spent the three days working on the project.Taking away and adding minor details to the plot.

So there Jisung was.Standing in front of his class with Jeongin ready to start presenting.Jeongin had volunteered to read it and as he did,Jisung could feel someone's eyes piercing at him.It was undeniably Minho but he wasn't willing to check.

__

This story is about a dog and a cat.

The dog was very fond of the cat and the cat was very fond of the dog.They were best friends and had known each other ever since they were puppy and kitten.

One day,the cat heard her owners talking about how they would need to move.

Their child was sick and the earliest available treatment was in a different country.

The cat was upset as she didn't want to leave the dog.But she obviously didn't have a say in it anyway.

She finally decided that the next best option was to ignore the dog.She thought that if she ignored him,it would make him resent her more so he wouldn't be upset and miss her too much when she was gone.

So the next day,she didn't come out to see him when he came for them to hang out.She saw him walk up to the yard from the window but she didn't move.

Usually,she would be seated at the front steps but this time she wasn't there which confused the dog.He looked around the house for her barking and trying to find her but she only watched from the window.

Eventually,the house owners heard non-stop barking and came to check what was going on.It didn't take them long to realize that he was looking for his best friend the cat.

They brought him upstairs to see the cat.The cat who hadn't realized that,was now trapped in a room with someone she tried avoiding.All because of her owners.She swore she would claw out their eyes.

The dog tried playing with her but she only kept her distance and snarled and hissed at it in return.He nudged a ball towards her with his snout but she only punctured it and hissed in response.

For the next few days,it would always play out like this.The dog would try to play with the cat and she would return with a harsh reply.

Until one day,she looked outside the window to see the dog playing with another cat.She wanted to run outside and play with the dog but she realized it was best if she didn't.

So that's how it continued everyday from then on.She would sit and look from the window and see the dog playing with the other cat with sadness.How she wished she could tell him why she was acting this way.But she didn't.

Eventually,the last night the family was going to be staying at the house.The cat went outside to lay down on the lawn.Out of nowhere,the dog stepped onto the lawn and lay down next to it.

She wanted to get up and leave but the he used his strong paw to hold her down so she wouldn't leave.

Now there she was.Again,stuck with someone she didn't want to run into again.At some point,the cat,gave up trying to escape from the dog's strong grip.

She let him lay close to her as they both ended up falling asleep on the lawn.

The next day,the family packed up their belongings,ready to move to a new area.The cat sat on the porch,half expecting the dog to show up to the house.But he didn't.

Just as the family was done and the cat was placed in the car.The car started to drive off and the cat saw the most amazing thing.

The dog started to chase after the car barking loudly to get the car to stop.The cat noticed this and started clawing at the window and meowing to get the driver's attention but he hadn't noticed it as he was too invested in conversation with the person in the passenger seat.

The dog stopped running after the car after some time because it got too exhausted to continue and the cat just watched with sad eyes as she saw her only best friend being left behind.

A few years later,the family had returned to their home after the child's treatment had been finished.
As the family stepped into the lawn,the cat saw none other than her friend the dog laying sadly on the porch steps.

She ran over to it and embraced it and the dog's eyes lit up seeing its best friend again.After that day,they made a telepathic promise to never leave each other again.

The end

__

As the story ended,the whole class gave the two a round of applause.Though,Jisung couldn't help but think about how similar the story was to his life.