Chapter Twenty-Three

This just might be one hell of a night
Come with me, we gotta go outside
- Chase Atlantic

~ Midas ~

I looked at the cameras from inside the van. Abu was sitting where Matteo always sat, and he was the one loading the cameras up, and scanning the crowd.

"Blonde girl, on the left, red dress." Abu said, typing away as Matteo and I watched him. He was good with computers, way better than I had expected.

"Move in, slowly." I heard Yomar say before watching D'Angelo jump up from his seat. D'Angelo didn't waste any time as he wrapped his arm around the girl's waist and smiled down at her.

"You fucking idiot." Yomar said, and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"What's a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone?" D'Angelo said, the smile on his face soft and widened. My face was blank as I stared at the screen.

"You guys better not fuck this up." I heard Leo say through his ear piece and watched as he made his way through the crowd and stood in front of one of the exits, his security vest shining in the light.

"Celebrating." The girl said, a smile forming on her face as she reached and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"How did he do that so easily?" I heard Matteo say while he stared at the computer, his mouth slightly agape.

"It's D'Angelo." Yomar said before I watched Abu shrug. D'Angelo grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her towards the dance floor and I closed my eyes. It was almost like I was watching the male version of Aurora like the first night I sent her on that mission. They were so much alike, I wondered why. I knew they were siblings, but they had a stronger bond then the other boys did. Don't get me wrong, they all loved Aurora, but D'Angelo spoke like she never left his side.

"What's your name?" He asked, looking down at the girl.

"Nora Smith." She said, and I felt my jaw clench. She didn't even lie about her name. Kelly obviously didn't condition her enough to cover her tracks.

"My car is outfront, what do you say we get out of here?" D'Angelo smirked, his muscles were defined from the sweat from dancing. His abs were showing through his shirt, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Let me tell my friends." The girl said, pushing her bag into his hands and quickly running over to a group of girls. The girls looked around while D'Angelo grabbed a beer from the bar, and waited for her. She walked back over, and D'Angelo slipped his arm around her. They walked out of the bar, and I opened the back doors of the van. D'Angelo made eye contact with me and nodded when he saw the look on my face. Yomar and Leo quickly ran out of the bar, following D'Angelo who picked Nora up, running towards the van and pushing and lifting her in.

"What the fuck!" She screamed, and Yomar jumped in while Leo went to the passenger seat. D'Angelo wasted no time, holding her down while Yomar wrapped her arms, binding them together.

"I would say I'm sorry, but I'm really not." D'Angelo said, cupping her face in his hands as we drove.

"I like them, Capo. They are strong and get the work done." Matteo whispered, and I nodded my head as the girl sat there, tape around her mouth as she looked around. Her eyes widened when she looked at me. I raised my eyebrow and she pulled her eyes away.

"We're here!" Josie yelled, putting the car in park. I opened the back door, Matteo and Yomar grabbed Nora.

"Josie, you know the drill." I said, and she nodded her head, taking her jacket off and hanging it up once we got into the basement. Nora sat on the floor, her hands behind her back still. Josie walked into the room, and we stood there.