Chapter Twenty-Two

Our secret moments in your crowded room
They got no idea about me and you
There is an indentation in the shape of you
Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo
- Taylor Swift

~ Aurora ~

Blake's hand was on my lower back as we stood there. Every time he would move it, I would have to bite my tongue to stop myself from crying out in pain. I wasn't allowed to talk unlsss someone spoke to me first, so here I stood, holding a glass of champagne, and I fucking hate champagne. My eyes roamed around the ballroom until they landed on him. His posture was straight, and he held a glass in his hand.

There were so many rings on his hands. The all black suit adorned his body and I could feel the heat pool between my thighs as I stared at him. His hair was in his natural curls, framing his face perfectly. His golden brown eyes looked to have no emotion in them. His muscles framed the suit in all of the best ways, and I felt my mouth suddenly become dry. I drank the rest of the champagne in the glass, still not satisfied, before I placed the cup down on the table.

"I need to use the restroom." I said quietly, looking at Blake who nodded.

"You have ten minutes before I come in there." He gritted before turning around to his conversation.

His hand dropped from my back, and I quickly walked towards the bathroom. I could feel Midas's burning gaze on me as I walked. My body felt like it was burning under his sight. I twisted the knob to the bathroom door, opening it, and closing it. I let out a deep breath as I paced around the bathroom. The effect he had on me drove me absolutely crazy. What do you even call this emotion? Obsessive? Stalkerish? Needy? I leaned my hands against the sink of the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked completely and utterly exhausted. The door swung open and I jumped back in a panic.

"I'm not done-" I started to speak but quickly stopped when I noticed his talk frame walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind him.

"Midas." My voice didnt come out above a whispered.

"Aurora." I could hear the softness in his voice as it dropped from being cold and harsh. I twirled around the ring on my finger, and before I knew it, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest. His arms wrapped around my tightly, and I hissed in pain, pushing him away. I gripped my stomach, leaning over a bit.

"What the fuck did she do to you." He demanded and I shook my head.

"I'm okay." I pushed out, standing up straight. His gaze softened, his eyes were warm and friendly, they were something I was so used to seeing.

"Fuck me." He muttered, looking at me up and down. I quickly dropped my hands to my side, tilting my head to look at him with curiosity.

"You look so beautiful." He said, and I felt my heart increase at a rapid pace. I looked down at his hand, seeing the glass in it. I quickly grabbed it, pressing it to my lips and drinking all of the whiskey. The horrid taste of champagne finally left my mouth and I sighed. He stared down at me, his eyes darkened. He took a step towards me, and I felt my back softly press against the cold wall behind me. His head dipped low, and he stared at me with an unreadable expression.

"You're hot." I blurted out, feeling the alcohol mix with the steroids I was on. He chuckled and I felt my body freeze.

"Did you just chuckle?" I asked before the corners of his lips turned upward.

"Did you just smile?!" I exclaimed next, looking around like I was being pranked.

"Oh, shut the fuck up." He said, grabbing my throat gently and smashing his lips against mine. Our lips moved quickly, passionately, and they moved together like we belonged together. His tongue pushed into my mouth, asserting its dominance. His hands ran down my body, placing them on my hip gently to not hurt me.