Chapter Sixteen

Cause you brought the flames and you put me through hell
I had to learn how to fight for myself
- Kesha

~ Midas ~

I don't know what I was expecting tonight, but I definitely wasn't expecting three guys showing up at my house all bloody, demanding I let them in. They stood in my living room, on their knees with their hands chained behind their back. I stared at them, feeling my jaw clench as I looked at D'Angelo Austin.

"Did she lie about you getting kidnapped too?" I balled my hand into a fist, watching as my knuckles turned white.

"No." Dlo spoke, and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want? You don't get to make demands in my home, and get away with it." I unbuttoned the top two buttons of my shirt and lifted my sleeves a little.

"Jess-" Yomar started speaking, causing me to chuckle.

"Let's start over. With real things this time." I gritted, as the betrayal dug even deeper into my skin.

"Aurora told us about Midas Rosso, saying that he'd probably try to kill us, but we need to get into the room that she was staying in." Abu cut Yomar off from speaking and my head snapped to meet his gaze.

"Why should I let you do that after she lied to me? Played me? Used me? Like I was some toy to her?" The anger pulsed through my veins and there was no possible way that I would ever forgive Aurora.

"There is a remote in there that we need to get. We also need her car key, and Josie's laptop." I pulled my gun out, pointing it at them.

"You don't get to make demands and not tell me why you need them." They all looked at each other like they were fighting in their heads. Anger and confusion ran through their eyes as they stared at each other.

"There is a remote in her room that is connected to a tracker that she made and placed on her body. The remote has to be activated and once it is, we only have forty-eight hours to find her." I sat down on a chair in front of them, holding my gun- the gun that Aurora carried around in my hand tightly. Matteo and Josie were sharing glances at Leo who was shrugging at them. They wanted to know what the hell all of this mess one single woman created.

"There is a tracker on her that I can access." I said gritting my teeth. My ring laid on her finger, with a tracker engraved into the gold.

"Why do you need to find her so bad?" I said.

"They will kill her if she doesn't comply with them." Dlo grunted as the person behind him adjusted their grip and held him tighter.

"Comply with what?" I questioned.

"Kelly Malone is selling her to be married off to Vlad's right hand man, Blake-"

"Petrova." I cut them off, clenching my jaw at the mere thought of Aurora standing by his side. I hate her, so why is it so hard to forget her? Do I even really hate her?

"Her car has burner phones, guns, and one of my computers in it. We need it so that we can fight to get her back." Abu said, and I set my gaze on him next.

"Who the fuck is she?" I said to nobody in particular. Guns? My innocent Jess- Aurora was handling guns, burner phones, and hacking and I was too blind to see it. I knew something was off about her but I didn't know this was what it would come to.

"Someone who you wouldn't want on their bad side." Dlo said, raising his eyebrow at me.

"We have someone on the inside in the Russian Mafia, he will be the man guard that guards the basement-"

"Matt!" Josie yelled, interrupting the guys. Their eyes snapped to her and Matteo put his hand on his gun.

"That's how I was able to communicate with you. That's how you set me free." Josie made eye contact with me and I felt my heart stop.

"What did you say?" I lowered my gun, standing up from the chair I was in.

"Matt told me that you were trading Jess-Aurora for me. I didn't want to believe it, I knew how much you two liked each other. You sent Aurora's location and they grabbed her while they brought me up..." Josie trailed off and I stared off blankly into space.

Aurora traded herself for one of my people.

"She said that she hopes you're making a good recovery." Yomar said, and I watched as Josie's smile softened.

"Thank you for looking out for my sister, I'm forever in your debt." Matteo said sincerely.

"We're trying to do that for our own." Their eyes all met mine and suddenly it all started to make sense. The empty trails, all the data cleared. Abu was a hacker. The underground fights and why she was there. D'Angelo, the fighter. The person who taught her how to race. Yomar the street racer, and D'Angelo.

"You're her brothers." I said, almost like I was trying to convince myself otherwise. The disbelief was all starting to make sense. The lies were starting to pile up.

"She wants Midas to know that she's sorry. She had to protect herself, she had to protect us. She didn't want to lie but it's easier to survive in our world off of lies." Yomar said, his eyes connecting with mine almost as if he knew I was Midas.

"She has a lead on our dads. We all have the same mother, all different fathers so we are only half-siblings but nonetheless, siblings. She had a lead on Josie's computer, and we are hoping to follow it." I looked over at Josie as Yomar spoke, she was staring at me, tears full in her eyes.

"We have to help them. Please, Capo." Josie said, and I felt my heart race. Matteo looked at me and I cracked my knuckles.

"I owe them my life, Capo." Matteo said, putting his gun down on the table and sitting down. I looked back at them and they were already looking at me.

"Her foster mother that beat her was a lie too?" I spoke, tucking my gun into the back of my waist band.

"Not exactly... Our actual mother did that." Dlo said, looking at the guard to release his hands. The guard looked at me and I nodded. Dlo pulled his shirt up, revealing the millions of scars that littered his body. He pulled Yomar's shirt up, and he had them, and so did Abu.

"Who's your mother." I demanded, because I was going to make her death painful. They looked at each other as Dlo kneeled back on the ground next to his brothers.

"Who is she?!" I yelled.

"Kelly Malone. Leader of the Irish Mafia."