Chapter Three

Tell me lies, ooh girl, tell me lies
- The Weekend

~ Midas ~

I clenched my jaw as I looked at the car in front of me. The crowd got silent as I kicked the kickstand down and took my helmet off. The BMW was almost taunting me as I stared at it.

"Call Brain, I want this car gone before I even get a chance to look at it twice." I stared at the car, no doubt it was nice, but it was also in my spot.

"Mr. Rosso, Sir- I tried to get- get them to move it." The short blonde walked up to me, nervousness filled her eyes as I stared at her with a blank expression.

"Where is he?" I raised my eyebrow, and she led me off into the building. I could hear my shoes hit against the floor, causing blondy in front of me to flinch with every step I took.

"Capo! You're here to watch me fight!" Leo, my best friend, and underboss said happily. I grunted in response, looking at the girl in front of me as she pointed.

"That woman, right there sir." I stared at her intently. What was a woman like her doing in a place like this? The tight black dress clung to her figure, her long brown hair that almost looked as soft as a cloud. Her deep red nails, and the tattoos that adorned her tan skin.

"Who is she?" I asked, not peeling my eyes away from her as she stood there, looking around.

"We- we don't know sir. She's practically a ghost." I raised my eyebrow as I watched the brunette smile at the man in front of her.
Heart.

D'Angelo Austin.

I wasn't going to send my underboss in this fight to not win. I needed the information, it would be embarrassing to my mafia if he lost and I was going to make sure that didn't happen.

"Find out who she is. Now." The girl nodded before running off quickly.

I stood there and watched the fight. The punches, the kicks, the blood that ended up everywhere. When I saw Leo start to fall, my phone rang. I looked around at the guards and nodded my head in the direction of the hallway. I answered, leaning against the wall and looking down at the gold watch on my wrist.

"Capo." I heard Matteo's voice ring out from my phone.

"What is it?" I spoke, looking at the TV in the hallway and watching Leo completely get beat on.

"Giovanni Bruno is dead." I clenched my jaw, as I balled my hand into a fist. I looked up and saw Leo drop to the ground. Blood spitting out of him for god knows where.

"Who killed him." I spoke, and heard the line go quiet.

"Ace." I hung up the phone and ran my fingers through my black curly hair. I let out a deep breath, feeling the anger bubble through my body.

Ace has killed every single one of my targets that I've been going after. He's always one step ahead, and I hate it. At first I thought it was somebody on the inside, but now I think quite the opposite. I've been trying to track Ace down, maybe have him join my mafia, but he is a ghost. A blank trail. Nothing follows him. It's like he doesn't exist. I tuck my phone into my pocket, and open the door. A body crashes into mine and I hear a small thud on the floor.

"I'm-" The voice was about to ring out but I quickly pushed whoever it was out of my way.

"Get the fuck out of my way." I opened the door and walked into the arena. I grabbed a hold on Leo, tucking my arm underneath his shoulders and helping him stand.