Chapter Fifteen

I feel like I've been locked up tight
For a century of lonely nights
Waiting for someone to release me
- Christina Aguilera

~ Aurora ~

The darkness surrounded me as I was thrown into the wall, my body falling onto the floor. I held back a groan, not wanting to give them the satisfaction of knowing if it hurt or not. The gag was removed from around my mouth. I licked my lips, closing it for the first time in I don't know how long. The bullet graze wound on my leg was slowly losing its pain as more and more time went on.

"This is for kicking me." The man spat before kicking me in the back, pushing me further onto the ground.

"When i get these chains off im going to fucking kill you, long and slow." I spoke harshly, looking up at the man. His eyes held fear, but his face didn't.

"That's enough, Aurora." The woman's voice was something I hated. I hated everything about her. The way she spoke, the way she made me feel like nothing, yet like everything. She continues to make my life a living hell, and she dodges death every time I try to hand it to her. She stepped into the light, a small hanging bulb in the place that it had been the last time I was here. I've grown accustomed to the walls and the way they looked. I wasn't locked in this basement for five years to not know every inch of this place.

"My sweet girl." She leaned down, grabbing my face between her hands. 

"Don't fucking touch me." Her face was a voice of all emotions and I felt my world spin. I wasn't with Midas, safe in the comfort of the mansion, instead I was here. Part of me regrets giving myself up so that Josie could be safe, but I know my brothers would appreciate it if someone did the same for me and them. In the little amount of time I knew Josie, she was the closest thing I had to a girl best friend.

"Now now, watch your tone." Her voice was sharp, and I felt her hand slap across my face.

"You have ten minutes with your brothers." The doors opened and three bodys were being thrown to the ground.

"Then I will have my men escort them to the nearest hospital, saying that they found them in a car in a ditch and saved their lives."

"How heroic, really." I rolled my eyes as the anger crossed her face.

"Ten, then they get freedom and you and I get to stay here, forever." She stood up and walked out of the room. All of the guards followed and I quickly sat up the best I could. My feet were tied together and so were my hands. I couldn't move from my spot.

"Rory!" Yomar croaked out, his face bleeding from i don't even know where. He ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug. Dlo and Abu slowly made their way over, wrapping their arms around me. I let out a deep breath and looked at them.

"We don't have much time." I moved, leaning my back against the wall as I looked at them.

"355 Eagle Ave. It's the base of the Italian mafia. Midas Rosso will probably try to kill you, but you need to get into my room." Abu closed his eyes and I knew he was repeating the address in his head.

"Why do you have a room at the Italian mafia base?" Dlo asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"You're asking the wrong questions here." I grumbled, trying to losen the chain from around my hands.

"I left a remote in there, it connects to a tracker I made out of a SIM card. It has to be activated and it only will stay up for forty-eight hours after it's activated." I closed my eyes, trying my best to gather my thoughts.

"My car is there. Burner phones are in the center console, guns in the trunk, and one of Abu's back up laptops is in the passengers seat." I rambled, trying to make sure I wasn't speaking too quickly, but there was a lot I had to say.

"There is a guy in here, Matt. I paid him off, he works for us, on the burner phone there is a number, he can relay messages back and forth for us." I nodded my head, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Check on Josie for me, let me know if she's okay, and tell Midas, I'm sorry." I swallowed the lump in my throat as my brothers looked at me with looks of uncertainty.

"I had a lead on our fathers. I couldn't dig too much into it, but all of the records, leads, and paperwork is on Josie's computer, which should be in my room as well. Don't fucking break it, she loves that computer." I said the last part, looking at Dlo who smiled sheepishly.

"What else Aurora?" I closed my mouth quickly and watched as the door opened.

"What else!" Yomar yelled, as two men grabbed each of them and dragged them out.

"Aurora!" I heard them scream and I felt the tears prick my eyes before I blinked them away. Now was not a time to be playing as Jessica Fields, it was time to be Aurora.

"I hope you said everything you needed to say. Thank you Matt for watching them." Matt nodded his head and I leaned my head against the wall.

"I have some great things planned for us, Aurora." Her smile was sickly sweet, and it always made me want to vomit.

"What do you want from me, Kelly?" Her laugh sounded out of the small room I was in.

"It's not what I want, Aurora, it's what people want from you." The doors opened and a bunch of people walked in. Russian Mafia leader Vlad Dumak stood next to Kelly, wrapping his hands around her waist.

"Is she ready, love?" He asked, looking down at me as his grimy hands rubbed his wife's ugly skin. Kelly nodded, and the doors opened again.

"Aurora, I want you to meet your future husband, Blake-"

"Petrova." I finished, looking up at Vlad's right hand man.

"Nice to see you again, A."