Chapter Ten

¿Quién puede domar la fuerza del mal que se mete por tus venas?
-Don Omar

~ Aurora ~

I walked into the dining room. All eyes looked at me. I looked around, and the seat next to Josie was taken. She looked to be arguing with the guy about it. I brought my eyes up, locking them with Midas. He nodded his head towards the seat next to him. I let out a breath as I walked towards the seat. Everyone got quiet, and I felt my stomach turn as I sat down. Seats at the left hand head of the table are meant for a wife. The bride, Donna, Capa. Everyone stopped eating and looked at me. I looked down at my hands and heard a throat clear. Everyone resumed to what they were doing and Midas looked at me questioningly.

The bags under Midas's eyes captured my attention as I picked at the food on the plate. I bounced my leg nervously as I looked around at everyone. The noise was suddenly too much. I needed to get out of here. I needed to find my brothers. I had to do something. My thoughts were cut off by a hand being placed on my leg, pushing it down to stop it from bouncing. I looked up and saw Midas with his jaw clenched as he looked at me.

"The Irish want to have a meeting, Capo. The mafia ball invitation came in the mail as well." Leo said, bowing his head in respect as he spoke. Midas hummed, continuing to eat while his hand laid still on my leg. The sweat pants I was wearing were starting to live up to their name. Is it just me or is it hot in here? When everyone started to slowly get up, I stood up quickly, flying out of the room. Everyone moved out of my way, and bowed their heads. Weirdos.

"Josie?" I ran up to her and she looked at me with a smile.

"I knew there was something going on between you and the boss, but damn. He just claimed you as his wife!" My mouth hung open and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"What!?" I exclaimed, looking around to see if anyone was following me. Ever since last night and that guy broke into my room I've been on edge. There are people coming to get me, no matter if they have to infiltrate the Italian mafia.

"When a mafia boss has someone that is not his wife, sit on the left of him at the head of the table, that usually means he's claiming that woman as his wife." Josie said as we walked through the halls.

"Where are you going? I really need to go out today." I said and she looked at me with confusion but brushed it off.

"A couple of us are going to the race track outback. Capo didn't give us anything today, but we always have to stay close." She said, and I nodded my head quickly.

"Can I come?" I asked her and she looked at me before raising her eyebrow.

"I don't see why not." She shrugged, leading me outside. The fresh air hit my skin and I almost crumbled to the floor right then and there. The sun beamed down on me, and the spring wind blew lightly. I felt like a flower. A flower that had finally gotten sunlight after being locked in a closet for days, like those stupid experiments. Matteo ran by us, a smile on his face as he went. Leo was walking slowly behind us, Midas right next to him, not paying any attention.

"You didn't tell me he was coming." I whisper-yelled and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't think that was important after he claimed you as his wife!" She whisper-yelled back and I cringed. I stood at the head of the garage, a giant one, and everyone pulled cars out. I stood against the small guard rail and watched as two cars lined up. My hands were itching to get behind a wheel. I wanted to race, I wanted my release. I've been trapped in this house for almost two weeks doing the same thing every single day.