Chapter Two

I wanna press my line, yeah, I wanna take that ride
-Kendrick Lamar

~ Aurora ~

I paced the garage back and forth, checking to make sure I had my gun, knives, and keys. I tapped my foot against the cold concrete ground as I waited for the door to swing open.

"Sorry I'm Late!" Dlo yelled, running into the garage and getting into his car.

I rolled my eyes as a small smile threatened my lips. I got into my car, a matte black BMW m4. I had other cars, but this one happened to be one of my favorites. The garage door opened and Dlo pulled out in his neon green Audi i8. I followed behind him, making sure to close the garage as we both pulled down the street. I cracked the windows a little, letting some air get through and I felt like I could finally breathe.

We've been constantly on the run for 5 years, I wasn't able to kick my feet up, I wasn't able to relax, I had to fucking work for my freedom and even then I couldn't get far.

I turned into the parking lot behind D'Angelo, following him and reversing into a spot right next to him. The other cars and people surrounded us. I rolled the windows up as everyone stared at my car. When I heard the car door next to me open, I opened mine and stepped out. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked around at the many people. I could see almost every emotion in each of their eyes.

"You look like you're about to murder someone." Dlo placed his hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of a trance.

"If they keep staring at me, I will." I gave a few of them a death glare, before being pulled away by my brother.

"You have to move your car ma'am." A girl said as she walked up to me. Her big blue eyes, and the fear behind them almost lit me on fire. I feasted off of other people's fear. I enjoyed other people fearing me.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow, looking down at her.

"You're parked in Mr. Rosso's spot, ma'am." She stared at her feet and I rolled my eyes.

"Tell him to get a life, and if he has a problem to not send a minion after me and come tell me himself. He's supposed to be a man right? What a pussy." I whispered the last part under my breath but she still heard it.

Her eyes widened and I turned on my heels before continuing to walk away. She tried to follow me for a little but gave up when I did not stop. I walked into the building, headed towards the back rooms, making sure to give the guards flashy smiles.

"Open." I said, knocking on the door nonstop.

"Thank you so much, really, for interrupting my meditation." Dlo said, plopping down on the couch.

"Oh so you mean shitting?" I stared at him as he laughed. The robe he was wearing was all black with a neon green heart on the back.

"I have to get out there." He muttered, grabbing the wrap for his hands. I opened the door and followed him out. He sat down on the little stool outside of the boxing ring. Everyone was cheering and whistling. I grabbed the tape from his hands, placing it around his fits gently but making sure it was still tight.

My body felt like it was on fire. I picked my head up, looking around. The feeling was strong. I felt like I was actually going to burn. I looked back down at his hands, making sure they were perfect before I took a step back and sat in the first row of the crowd.

"He's a lucky man to have you by his side." A man said as I sat next to him. The goosebumps rose on my skin, causing me to look around once more. I felt my breath hitch with every pair of eyes I made contact with. Something was wrong. But yet, it felt so right.