Chapter Four

Yeah, we think we're free
- Katy Perry

~ Aurora ~

I woke up to the alarm blaring. Pieces of glass shattering, footsteps, and voices. I rolled over, becoming completely aware of what was happening. I grabbed my gun out of my nightstand, clicking the safety off and standing up carefully and quietly.

"Aurora!" Yomar whisper-yelled as he walked through the secret door that led into my closet.
I looked at him, and I could see the confusion written in his eyes. I followed him through the closet into Dlo's room where Abu was tucked in a corner typing on his computer.

"What's happening?" I whispered, looking at the screen and seeing the security cameras pulled up.
I swallowed deeply as my eyes connected with Bane Schmidt. Right hand man to the Irish Mafia. I felt my heart race uncontrollably as I went through all of the possibilities in my head.

"How the fuck did they find us?" I demanded, looking at Abu who was still typing at lightning speed.

"The Italians broke our firewall, which gave everyone else a free way in." He cringed, as we heard the bangs and footsteps get closer.

"We have to split up." Yomar breathed out, the anger written all over his face.

"No." I said, as all of the boys looked at me.

"Aurora, it's the only way." Abu said, grabbing his gun from beside him.

"No, there has to be another way." I rubbed my temples, trying to think quickly and fast. I felt my arm being grabbed and my whole body froze.

"Get her out of here." Yomar said, pushing Dlo who threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yelled, kicking him and punching him the best I could. I could hear the door getting broken into and guns being fired as he stood in the elevator. He placed his finger up to the scanner, and pressed the garage button. My feet hit the floor and I pushed him up against the wall, holding the gun to his chest.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I yelled, as he let out a deep breath and tilted his head back.

"I will sacrifice my life for you, over and over again, Aurora." The garage doors opened and he stepped out first, clearing the area.

"Go, I'll be right behind you." He tossed me the first pair of keys he grabbed.

Rosso.

"D'Angelo-"

"Now, Aurora! I won't tell you again! I'll be right behind you, now go!" He yelled, pushing me towards the bike and I looked behind me.

We're outnumbered.

Even if I'm a highly trained assassin, all of us are, we are still outnumbered. And our love for each other brings weakness. The garage door opened and the darkness of the world filled me. I held onto my gun tightly. If anyone out of us four had a chance of surviving on their own and getting everyone back it would be me. That's why when the garage door opened and I looked at Dlo the last time, I left. I was the only one with a fake birth certificate, and fake identity. Abu didn't have time to put the others together, he had just figured it out and got a man on the inside at the police station.

Adrenaline ran through my veins as I sped down streets. My hair whipped me in the face, my skin had millions of goosebumps, and I could see the cars behind me, driving quickly trying to catch up. I would get my brothers back if it's the last thing I would ever do in this sad excuse that I call my life, but one of us had to be on the outside.