Chapter Eleven

There's just inches in between us. I want you to give in, I want you to give in, oh. There is tension in between us. I just wanna give in. And I don't care if I'm forgiven
- Camilla Cabello

~ Midas ~

Sitting in my office like I've been for the last two days. Typing away on the computer, signing papers, arranging deals, making sure all of my shipments were correct. I've been getting too distracted by a certain someone. All of this should have been done and taken care of. I've given my guards strict orders to not let anyone in. Leo and Matteo have been calling me if they want to reach me. As of right now, I wanted to disappear into the darkness. The small lights illuminated the giant room. The darkness from the outside poured into the room.

I let out a sigh, pouring a glass of whiskey, staring at it as it just sat there. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Pushing the cup away, and turning back to face the papers. The doors swung open causing me to lift my head up and grab my gun next to me. I pointed it at the door and watched as the short Latina girl that's been distracting me waltz right in my office like she owned the place. Two guards came up and went to grab her but I cleared my throat. Their heads snapped to me and they froze in place. Her feet smacked against the floor causing it to be the only noise heard.

"I'm sorry, Capo, we tried to keep her out," The one said, gritting his teeth as he looked at Jess who was staring out of my window now.

"Don't put your hands on her. Ever." I growled out and they nodded their heads quickly before running out of the office and shutting the door. I pushed my chair back a little, staring at Jess who had taken interest in something outside.

"Why are you in my office?" I questioned and she turned to face me.

"I haven't seen you in two days." She blew off my question and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Are you worried about me, Miss Fields?" I let my hands fall to my thighs, sitting there as she stared at me.

"Maybe just a little." She smiled sheepishly, looking down at the ground.

"Come here." Her feet carried her body towards me. Confusion written on her face. I pushed my papers out of the way and sat her on my desk as I sat in my chair. My hands ran down her body, that I so desperately want to explore.

"Why are you worried?" I asked, resting my hands on her legs just a little above her knees.

"I had a bad feeling." I raised my eyebrow, questioning her.

"If I were to act on my bad feelings, I wouldn't be here every day." I rolled my eyes, and felt her hands lay gently on mine. Her thighs pooled underneath my hands, and I found myself thinking of what she would look like, underneath all of her clothes.

"Y-yes, but I'm scared." She whispered, licking her pink, plump lips.

"Do you still have my gun?" I asked and she nodded quickly, reaching back and pulling it out of her waistband.

"Then you have nothing to worry about, Bellissima." I said, looking up at her.

Heterochromia. A person who has two different colored eyes. A disease of some sort, or a trait that was passed down from her parents. Her strikingly electric blue eye, and her bright emerald green, drew me in like she was some sort of siren.

"Midas?" She questioned, noticing my staring. I stood up from my chair, looking down at her now as she looked up.

"What is it?"