Chapter Thirteen

Lock me up and throw away the key
He knows how to get the best out of me
I'm no force for the world to see
- The Weeknd

~ Aurora ~

The crashing, the glass breaking, it caused me to panic. It reminded me too much of that night when my brothers got taken away. I clicked off the Malware software I was using to track Dlo's location with Josie's computer. I opened Netflix and closed the computer, placing it on the bed.

I grabbed the gold gun from next to me, turning the safety off and clocking it back. I slowly opened the door, turning to each side as I held the gun out. Once both sides were clear I turned to the right where all of the noise was coming from. When I opened the door to Midas's office there was a man I had never seen before, rummaging through his drawers.

"Shit!" He yelled, looking up at me as I held the gun out to him. His accent was Russian, and I felt my hands tighten around the gun.

"Aurora." I heard his voice say, and I felt my heart drop. I pulled the trigger, aiming at his chest before watching the bullet hit him. I would have kept him alive and taken him down to the basement so Midas could question him, but he knew me. I ran over to the body that fell to the floor, rubbing my hands in his blood and pressing it to my shirt, neck, making it look like he put up a fight. I heard the door swing open and footsteps rushed in. I felt the tears prick my eyes as I let them fall. I dropped the gun, standing up from where I was kneeled. The footsteps stopped as I let out a choked sob.

"I- is he dead?" I croaked, letting my hands shake. They would never know it's because of my adrenaline. I was finally able to kill someone while being trapped in this mansion of a house.

"Cazzo." I heard grumbling behind me as I felt arms go around my waist and spin me around. I let my breathing pick up as I stared down at the floor.

(Fuck.)

"Don't look down, Jess." He whispered, his voice soft. I had never heard him use that voice with anyone, especially me. The shivers shook my body, the heat spread to my stomach. Midas was making me feel all sorts of emotions, but the one I could feel the most beside the desire was the fear. The fear that came with wanting him, craving him, needing him.

"Did I just kill someone?" I whispered, feeling the warmth from my tears run down my face. I heard another gunshot, watching as Midas shot the man.

"No baby. I did." The way the name slipped from his mouth felt good. My body felt like it was on fire. I knew he lied to me, I knew I killed that man. My hands shook as I stared at the blood on them.

"You boys got this?" I heard him ask whoever was behind me. I didn't hear an answer so I assumed they nodded.

"Close your eyes, Jess." He said, putting his hand on my lower back to guide me as I shut my eyes. I could feel myself walk by the body that was laying in the ground.

"Figure out who he is and why he is here." Midas demanded before I felt the cool air of the hallway hit. I slowly opened my eyes, looking at him as he opened another door with his finger print. I walked in the room and the immediate scent of evergreen and pine filled my nose. I looked around at the dark room, and felt my heart race.

"I- killed someone." I spit out nervously, backing away from him like I was some sort of monster. Like that if he would touch me, he would be set on fire. If he kissed me, he'd be poisoned.

"No, I did." He took the blame once again, setting his gun down on the little bookcase he had. I almost wanted to smile as I imagined big and scary mafia boss Midas Rosso, reading a book.