Chapter Twenty-Eight

This time, please someone come and rescue me
'Cause you on my mind, it's got me losing it
I'm lost, you got me looking for the rest of me
Got the best of me, so now I'm losing it
- Rihanna

~ Midas ~

I grabbed the door handle to the car, opening the door and letting Aurora get in first. I slid into the seat after her, looking at my driver. Benard was an older man who had been working for my family for many years. He was like an uncle to me.

"Ace Corporations." I gritted my teeth, looking down at Aurora who rolled her eyes at me. I'm telling you, this girl has way too much sass for her own good.

Aurora was dressed in black dress pants, and a lace bralette, and had a blazer draped over her. Her outfit was all black, and YSL heels adorned her feet. She had a bag around her arm, her hair was down and in its natural curls. She had one of my gold chains around her neck, and my gold ring on her finger still. I was wearing an all black suit with my gun tucked in the back of my waistband. I used to want Ace working for my mafia, but now I want to fucking kill him.

"The boys are meeting us there." Aurora said, typing in her phone. Her nails clicked the screen and it was a satisfying sound that I loved.

"Okay. Do they need a driver?" I muttered, kissing the side of her head.

"No. They are okay." She said, turning her phone off and looking up at me.

"You're clingy today." A smile graced her features as she stared up at me. Her eyes shooting electricity down my body.

"I'm clingy every day when it comes to you." I mumbled, setting my hand on her thigh and rubbing circles with my thumb.When we pulled up outside of Ace Corporations, I got out. She sat in the car for a few seconds before I grabbed her hand, helping her out.

"Do we really have to do this?" She asked while I pulled open the door and held it for her.

"Yes." We walked in and the environment completely changed. People looked up, and weren't sitting down anymore, they were rushing around. I raised my eyebrow, and Aurora held onto my bicep as she looked around. People looked at us in fear, and I looked at them in confusion. We took a few steps forward and everyone stopped in their tracks.

"What are you staring at? Get back to work!" Aurora barked out, and we walked towards the elevator. Everyone continued what they were doing and you could hear the whispers erupt. Aurora clicked the elevator button and it soon opened. We got into the elevator, and she pressed the button for the top floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking down at her. She gave me a tight lipped smile, and ignored my question, completely. The elevator came to a stop, and the doors opened. Aurora straightened her back, and as we walked out, a man walked in front of us. Aurora froze in place, grabbing my arm out of her subconscious. I looked at the man, he was shorter than me, skinnier than me, and looked beyond nerdy. I should kill him.

"Oh my god! You're finally back! Ava is at the front, she has updates for you that you need to look at." The man said, before his eyes trailed down my body.

"Off Limits, Andrew." She stood in front of me, letting go of my arm. My hands naturally found their way to her hips, placing them down gently.

"How did you bag this hunk?" He whispered, turning his back and walking towards a small reception desk.

"Don't you mean how did this hunk bag me?" She said, chuckling. I followed behind her, and bit the inside of my cheek.

"What are you here for today? He's scary." Andrew looked at me, and narrowed his eyes.