Chapter Seven

I don't give a fuck about your friends, I'm right here
- Chase Atlantic

~ Midas ~

"Jess, hold still." Matteo said, holding the wires in his hands. I stared at him, sitting on the couch with my legs spread as I watched him. Matteo was struggling to put her ear piece in, and I was getting tired of watching them go back and forth. I rose from my seat, walking towards them and looked down at Jessica.

"Let me see it." I said, before Matteo eagerly handed it over to me and got up from his seat. I sat down where he was sitting and everyone else dispersed. She pulled her hair back, holding it above her ear. I stared at her eyes, memorized by the different colors. 

"Heterochromia." She said nervously, noticing my staring. I hummed in response, making a mental note to figure out whatever the fuck that means later. I held her hair up and out of the way with my left hand while putting the earpiece on with my right. Once it was secure enough I tightened it with both of my hands. I flicked the switch on, so that she could hear us. She wasn't skilled enough to know how to mess with the ear piece. My hands grazed her collar bone causing goosebumps to fill her body as she looked up at me.

"Comfortable?" I asked, looking around the room to see Matteo, Leo, and Josie gathered in a circle and looking at us.

"It's okay." She muttered, letting her hair fall down and cover it.

"He's not going to touch you, Jess." I stood up, and turned to face everyone. I tucked my gun into my waistband and looked at everyone in front of me.

"Josie, I want you stationed in a car outside with Matteo. Matteo, you will be in the back of the car with all of the equipment and surveillance cameras." They both nodded and looked at each other with a smile.

"Leo, you'll be undercover as a security guard. I want your eyes on her at all times, you got it?" I asked, glaring at him as he nodded with a smile on his face.

"Where will you be?" Jessica looked up at me, nervously picking at her nails as she looked at every one of us.

"With Matteo unless something goes wrong." She nodded her head slowly at my words, before stumbling in her heels. Josie held her up and laughed. They walked out of the house, interlocking arms and towards the car.

"Are you going soft, Capo?" Leo joked, hitting my chest as we all walked out together.

"No, I've been soft. You should see me when I'm hard." I kept walking, as Leo stopped in his tracks and sputtered out different words. I got into the back of the van, sitting in one of the chairs across from Jessica. Josie was driving, and Matteo was sitting in the front with her. Leo sat next to me and I wanted to stab him.

"Fanculo." I said, looking at Leo. Matteo started hysterically laughing as I stared at Leo who's lipped tipped upward into a smile.

(Fuck yourself.)

"What does that mean?" Jessica asked, tilting her head to the side to look at me. The innocent look she gave me made me want to scream. I was itching to ether kill someone, or fuck someone. I've never thought with my dick this much before in my life. Something about watching this latina being so afraid, yet holding herself together so good, turned me on to the max. I hated it.

"Fuck yourself." I said, a blank expression written on my face as I stared at Leo. The van started moving and I stared ahead of me. Jessica sat there fiddling with her fingers, panicking almost. I could tell how nervous she was, and I completely threw her into the deep end, but I needed to. Maybe this could give me a reason to kill her, or maybe it would give me a reason to keep her around. Whatever my answer is to that, relies on her.

"We're here." Josie said from the front seat where she would stay. Leo got out of the van first and put on his security vest before walking into the club like he's been there many times before. I could see Jessica's face turn pale, and I could see the nerves practically eating her alive.

"Relax, everything will be fine." I glared at her, and watched her swallow deeply. She licked her lips, causing them to become glossy, and I watched as her eyes sparkled. The teal dress she had on brought both of the colors out. It hugged her curves in all the right places. She was adorned in sparkly shoes, earrings, handbag, and makeup. For the shy girl she was, she could pull off something so bold.

She turned around, her back facing me, causing my breath to hitch. The sword ran down her back, a dragon wrapped around it, with daisies going up a vine which was also wrapped around it. I knew that she had tattoo's but I didn't know she had that.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, turning around. I didn't think my breath was loud, but her curious gaze set on me, and I felt the world stop for a single second. I hated this feeling. I felt, safe? Way too safe for my own liking.

"Fine." I muttered, looking down at my phone in my lap. Covering the part of my pants that I was starting to feel tighten.

"Do you remember what he looks like?" Matteo asked her, pairing the ear piece and testing it with the computer.

"Si." She answered, and Josie looked in the rear view mirror.

"You got this babe." She said, and Jessica quickly nodded her head.

"I got this." She whispered before Matteo opened the back of the van and she jumped out. I could hear her heels click against the concrete as she walked away from the van.

"Loading up cams." Matteo voiced, putting on his headset, and clicking around on the computer. I grabbed my pair, slipping them on my ears as I sat next to him, watching the cameras.

"Jess, can you hear me? Copy?" Matteo asked, and I heard her hum.

"Yes." She spoke quietly, and I watched her get into line. Leo was at the front, and let her right in. He then switched spots with someone on the inside as she walked through the bar. I could hear the music thumping through the ear piece, and I felt like I could feel the anxiety dripping off of her, even if she wasn't near me at all.