Chapter Thirty-Two

See, that's my down bitch, see, that's my soldier
She keeps that thang-thang if anyone goes there
Calm and collected, she keeps her composure
And she gon' ride for me until this thing over
- Halsey & G-Eazy

~ Midas ~

I looked around the room, everyone was dressed in their suits. We were all waiting for the girls. I spun my watch around, and patted myself down, making sure I had everything. I had on this stupid red tie, and I looked like I was going to prom. I unbuttoned the first two buttons on my shirt, feeling better by the room I had now.

"Can you hurry up!" D'Angelo yelled, running up the stairs.

"If you don't get away from me in five seconds I'm going to throw your ass down the stairs." Aurora said harshly, and I felt my entire world stop when my eyes met hers. I felt my mouth go dry as I stared at her. Her brothers walked to the bottom of the stairs, all holding out an arm to her. She chuckled, holding onto them. Matteo helped Josie, and I couldn't help but notice all of the eyes on us.

"Do we all know the plan?" Leo spoke, but I was too far gone. Aurora walked toward me, and her finger ran over the lipstick tattoo. I winced, it was still sore. She chuckled, as I stared into her eyes. Her beautifully captivating eyes. She wrapped her hand around my bicep, and my whole body froze. Butterflies filled my stomach, and goosebumps covered my body. I looked down at her, and I swallowed hard.

"Midas? Are you okay? You look a bit red?" She asked worriedly. She put her hand against my forehead, feeling around if I had a fever. Her touch sent electric jolts through my body. Every emotion felt more heightened as I stared down at her.

I'm in love with Aurora.

"I'm okay. It's just hot in here." I muttered, clearing my throat when my words came out raspy.

I'm in love with Aurora.

"Are you sure? It's pretty chilly in here. If you're not feeling good we can stay back and plan something else." Her face was full of worry, and anxiety. I could see it in her eyes.

"I'm okay, baby. I promise." I kissed her head and she nodded.

I'm fucking in love with Aurora.

"Pack it up, love birds." Dlo wrapped his arms around me, putting himself between Aurora and I. I rolled my eyes, and he let out a laugh. We all walked out of the house, and got into the limo that was waiting out front. We got in the limo and I put my hand on Aurora's thigh. Her dress was a deep red, with a long slit and an open back. Her hair was in her natural curls, which would end up being the death of me. She looked so good it made my knees weak.

"Okay. Let's go over the plan again." Matteo said, opening his computer that he's been holding. Josie was sitting in between her brother and Abu. I could see Dlo and Aurora give each other glaces back and forth, and then to the pair.

"So Josie, Leo, Midas and I are all going to walk in first. We are going to scope out the crowd and see what the deal is. Josie and Leo will then start killing guards around the perimeter, and our guards will slowly move in and surround the place." He said, turning his computer around and showing us the blueprints.

"Aurora and the boys are going to walk in after us, of course, Kelly will be mad to see them there. Midas will go over to Kelly, and talk about helping kidnap Aurora." I clenched my jaw as I listened to Matteo speak.

"Yomar and Abu will break away from Dlo and Aurora, and go find Josie and Leo, helping them. Vlad should be in the meeting room by then, so the four of them will be able to kill the guards and sedate him." Matteo pointed around at the blueprints.