38 1/2

super short. school is kicking my buttttt but i'll be graduating soon so yay!

-

San's living room was bathed in a warm, golden glow from the overhead lamp, casting soft shadows across the room. The comfortable familiarity of the space contrasted with the tension between San and Wooyoung as they stood facing each other.

San's question hung in the air, the weight of it palpable. Wooyoung shifted uncomfortably, his gaze flickering around the room before settling back on San. "You don't want to come with me?" San's voice was laced with a hint of hurt, catching Wooyoung off guard with its vulnerability.

Wooyoung's brow furrowed as he processed San's words, the concern evident in his eyes as he looked at his old friend. "I didn't think it was an option," he admitted softly, the realization slowly sinking in. San's annoyance was unmistakable, and Wooyoung felt a pang of guilt gnawing at him. "Do you want me to come? Because I don't—" His voice trailed off, uncertainty tainting his words as he struggled to articulate his conflicted emotions.

"Yes, Woo," San interrupted, his tone firm yet tinged with a hint of desperation. "I thought it was obvious."

Wooyoung met San's gaze and nodded slowly, the weight of the moment settling heavily on his shoulders. "It's three weeks. Sure, I miss California."

"You've been?" San's surprise was evident in his tone as he processed Wooyoung's admission. Wooyoung nodded, a slight frown creasing his forehead as he recalled memories of his time in the sunny state.

"That's where my dance company was based," Wooyoung explained quietly, his voice tinged with nostalgia. Despite the fond memories, the absence of San in his life served as a constant reminder of the heartache he had caused.

San's "Right," was a subtle acknowledgment, easing the awkwardness between them as he pulled Wooyoung's body closer, almost into his lap. Wooyoung felt a rush of guilt at the closeness, apologizing softly for the tension between them.

San hummed in response, his gaze softening as he looked into Wooyoung's sad eyes. "Woo, it was the past," he reassured, his voice gentle yet firm.

"I'm still regretful for it. I was super reckless and stupid, and..." Wooyoung's words trailed off as San silenced him with a kiss, effectively cutting off his self-deprecating thoughts. Wooyoung pulled back slightly, pouting. "I don't deserve you."

"Too bad, I think you do," San countered with a smile, pressing a kiss to Wooyoung's cheek. "I forgive you, and I—" Before he could finish his sentence, San's phone rang, interrupting the moment. With a playful glint in his eyes, he purposely slipped the phone out of his pocket, teasing Wooyoung.

Wooyoung's heart skipped a beat, knowing what San was doing. His eyes searched San's face, silently pleading for those three little words he longed to hear.

As San's phone rang, the jarring sound broke the tender moment between them. San's eyes met Wooyoung's, a playful glint dancing in them as he reached for the phone, all while holding Wooyoung close. With a smirk playing on his lips, he answered the call but kept his focus on Wooyoung.

"Hey, Eric," San greeted his coworker cheerfully, his voice carrying through the room.

Wooyoung's curiosity peaked, and he leaned in slightly to catch snippets of San's conversation with Eric. San noticed his interest and began pacing around the living room as he spoke, his words mingling with the faint sound of Eric's voice on the other end of the line.

"Yeah, we can definitely discuss that at the meeting tomorrow," San said, his tone professional yet animated. "I'll make sure to have the presentation ready by then."