Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Beautiful Colette." Gregorie murmured into the slope of her neck. He was sprawled on top of her, their legs intertwined as she ran her hand down his bare back.

They lay naked in a huge, ornate, four poster bed. She kissed him lazily, moving slowly and intentionally. She would not freeze up again like last time. She would not hesitate to explore the inside of his mouth, the girth of his tongue.

He groaned against her lips and slid them down her cheek. He trailed kisses along her neck and collarbone. Her stomach fluttered as he grazed alongside her breast. She ran her fingers through his hair, pulling softly at the silky red strands.

"Gregorie," she moaned, pleading with him as he kissed down her stomach.

He stopped at her navel and stared up at her with flame colored eyes.

"I'm... unsure. This is all new to me." She wouldn't hold back the truth of how she felt. That need pulsing below was something unfamiliar to her. She didn't know what to expect once it was approached.

"Do you trust me," he growled softly.

Colette nodded and licked her lips. "Yes."

Gregorie seized her thighs between his arms, bringing her forward with such force, her hips nearly came up off the bed. He grabbed the tops of her thighs with his paws and pulled them apart, opening herself to him wider. She felt the heat of his breath as his head sank below the bottom of her navel. She closed her eyes and waited for his mouth to come down on her.

"Sébastien," she gasped, breaking free of her dream.
The fire in the hearth had gone out and she shivered from the cool air that kissed her dewy skin.

Her whole body was covered in sweat despite the cold. She blinked away the remnants of the dream and dragged her hand across her chest. She felt the hard, raised peaks of her nipples through her nightgown and a shiver went down her spine at the contact. She had dreamt Gregories mouth on her breast. Sensual heat unfurled along her neck and face at the memory. Would he do that once they were married?

She reflected on the feel of his mouth against her skin. His breath was so hot. Unusually hot.
Abnormally hot she thought hard.

And his hands. They were... paws. Similar to Sébastien's. And then his head went between her legs and she grabbed ahold of his hair. Except... except it was not the fiery ringlets she was used to that her fingers clutched at but fur. Black fur. And if that head had been raised from its feasting...

She paled as it dawned on her that it wasn't Gregorie she trusted to appease the ache between her thighs but Sébastien.

"Oh." She brought her hands up to her open mouth in quite shock. It was Sébastien who she wanted. Not Gregorie.

She didn't waste a moment as she hurried out of her bed chamber and towards the west tower. The castle was eerily quite and blistering cold as she entered into the west foyer. She climbed the spiraling staircase up to Sébastien's study and tapped softly at the door.

It was too late to turn back now she thought mildly. She wasn't sure what she had planned to do once he opened the door, she only knew what she felt for him was more than curiosity. She desired him.. Sexualy. Something she wasn't familiar with and felt the need to share with him.

She knocked again after a moment of silence. Was she mad for wanting him? What would her father think of her rolling on the floor of his study with him. Shame came down on her and she nearly wept. She would be betraying her father for wanting him. The happiness he wanted for her did not come from a beast but a man. From Gregorie. Gregorie. She would be betraying him as well.

Silence. It seemed that Sébastien was not in his study. Perhaps it was a good thing. She hurried over here so quickly to.... To do what exactly? Throw herself at him. Confess that yes, she desired him as much as he desired her? But if anything were to happen between them she would be betraying her crippled father and the man she was to be betrothed to? Fool.

Colette turned away and started back towards her bed chamber. She had to let go of whatever she felt for Sébastien. In less than two days she would be gone. She had no reason to stay. Her life was not in this castle but back home, in their tiny cottage, waking up to the sounds of her father tinkering. Of course, soon it would be to the sounds of Gregorie snoring softly beside her in their bed. Because that's what married people did. They slept in bed together. For the rest of their lives. Yes. She would be happy. She would be content. Safe. Well taken care. Everything her father desired for her. And she would make her father happy if thats what it took.

She was about to hike up the stairs when Beatrice emerged from the hall to her left. The hall that led to the kitchen. Colette froze on the last step as the maid stumbled in surprise at seeing her. A deep blush appeared across her face and Colette knew exactly where she had come from and what she had been doing.

"Beatrice." Colette greeted her.

The maid bowed her head and clutched the robe she wore tighter to her chest.

"The cold air keeping you awake tonight?" Colette chirped.

The maid nodded vigorously, adamant towards keeping up the lie.

"We'll then, that makes the two of us. Have a good night." Colette offered, before ascending the stairs.

Beatrice made her way quickly past them and back towards the servants quarters. Colette wondered if the maid ever slept with Aarav to wake up with him the morning after or was it too intimate. Something told her it was probably the latter.