Chapter Fifty-Three

Colette found Gregorie in his wood shop. He was leaning over a long wooden work bench chiseling away at a piece of wood. He had not noticed her yet and Colette stood in the doorway watching him work. He wore a loose cotton shirt that was untucked over brown trousers. Sweat dampened the spot between his shoulders blades and down the small of his back. She could almost make out his skin through the thin material.

Last night floated into her mind and his naked body appeared behind her eyes. A warm flutter blossomed in her chest at the sensual thought.

"Colette."

She blinked not realizing she had closed her eyes. Gregrorie stood with his hand on his hip and head cocked to the side. He looked at her with faint amusement.

He was not in bed when she woke up a little after daybreak. The adventures of last night must have wore her out, because it was unusual for her to sleep in so late. A blush creeped up her face as she remembered the feeling of his mouth down there.

"I um.." she gulped and stepped into the space. "I was looking for you."

He smiled and it warmed her to the bone. "Well here I am... wife."

A new sort of flutter erupted at the title she now owned. She was Gregory's wife. That gave her the encouragement to reply back with, "Yes, here you are... husband."

A light danced in his eyes and he walked the distance between them and hooked an arm around her waist, bringing her swiftly against him. Colette put her hand against his chest to steady herself. She felt his heart quicken.

"How did you sleep," he whispered. It was soft and raspy at the same time.

She looked up at him beneath her lashes and his eyes studied her intently.

"I slept... good. How about you? How did you sleep?"

He groaned softly behind his lips. "Hard."

Colette's eyes widened at the sultry confession. She vaguely remembered something hard nudging her in the side of her belly during the night.

She licked her lips and leaned her forehead against his chest. He smelled like wood and damp grass after a heavy rain.

"Are you hard now?" She breathed. She felt her need humming beneath her skin.

Gregorie took her hand with his free one and brought it down between them. Colette felt his hardness beneath her palm and she pushed against it.

Gregorie stifled a moan, thrusting slightly into her hand. Everything from last night came rushing in and Colette wanted to give into those desires again. Right here. Right now.

"Colette." Gregorie pleaded as she stroked him through his trousers.

"No. Don't talk. Just kiss me."

Gregorie leaned down and brought his mouth upon hers. At first it was slow. Tentative. Searching. Colette didn't want hesitation. She wanted him to claim her.

She pushed against his mouth, opening hers wider to let him in. Gregorie headed her request and kissed her back hard. His tongue sought her own and they met each other in a hurried dance.

Colette moaned into his mouth, grinding her palm into the head of his member. Gregorie buckled and swore against her mouth.

"What do you want?" He said, pulling back. His eyes searched hers and Colette couldn't find the words, only the throbbing need between her legs. She pulled him back into a kiss and started moving.

She ushered him backwards. Slowly, carefully as not to fall until he found the table behind him.

"Colette," he breathed, a hint of concern in his voice. She saw his eyes dart over her shoulder at the open door.