Chapter Sixty- Three

Colette felt odd being in this room again. It felt like she had never left. Everything was as it had been before. Except Beatrice was nowhere to be found and Aarav came to give her the biggest hug she had received in her life before kissing her swiftly on the mouth and prancing away gleefully. His bag strapped to his back and five years of pay jingling in a large pouch at his side. Colette knew he would waste it all in a matter of a year but she smiled bitterly at his goodbye before Niel brought her up here.

She sat at the vanity and brushed her hair. She didn't bother braiding it and decided to wear it down to dinner. She had removed her soggy wet skirts and cloak and exchanged them for a simple brown stay and ivory skirts. She briefly remembered the last time when she dressed up to have dinner with Sébastien and red stained her cheeks from the heated memory of him on his knees before her.

She closed her eyes and breathed in and out slowly. She had to be strong. For Gregorie. She would not fall prey to any desires she might harbor for Sébastien. It had been barely two hours since her arrival and she already felt her body catching on fire at the thought of him knocking on her door tonight.

"No." She breathed, smoothing out her skirt. "Be strong. Resist."

She repeated that mantra on her way to the west foyer and all throughout dinner as she, Sébastien and Niel ate in quiet peace. She noted Sébastien glancing at her multiple times before she stood to excuse herself. She practically ran outside into the hall and leaned against the wall, bracing her hands on her knees as she struggled to breathe.

No. No. No.

She took one look at him. She only allowed one look at him and his face had slacken when their gazes had met. His full lips parted and she saw his chest rise and fall slowly. Saw the tremble in his fingers as he picked up his cup to drink. His eyes burned with barely controlled hunger as he stared at her over the rim of the goblet.

Colette had felt herself moisten from just that look alone and instantly became too aware of her heavy breathing and shifting thighs beneath her skirt.

Sebastain had brought his cup down but not before he licked his lips and sent her over the edge.

She had to excuse herself before she made an even bigger spectacle of her uncomfortableness.

Now she panted in the dimly lit hallway, feeling too many emotions at once.

"Colette."

Sébastien rounded the corner and hurried towards her. His face was flushed and full of concern.

"Don't." She panted, holding out her hand. "Don't come any closer." Please.

Sébastien slowed until he was standing a few feet away from her. She saw his desire bulging against his trousers and turned her head.

"No. You can't do that. You can't desire me. I'm married now."

She squeezed her eyes shut as the memory of her hand against his hardness filtered through.

"What? Am I not allowed to feel these feeling towards you anymore?" He said, exasperated.

Colette chuckled weakly. "I'm married. You would dare think of taking a married woman? How gentlemen like of you."

Sébastien huffed a laugh, bringing a hand to his chest and the other out beside him. "I beg to differ. I may not be able to smell your desire anymore but I've grown accustomed to how it looks on you and you cannot say to my face that you do not desire me as well right now."

Colette balked at him. Suddenly she wanted to smack that smug, male look off his perfect face.

"You- you do not know w-what you are talking about." She stuttered, feeling provoked and attacked all at once.