Chapter Fifty-One

"You want to go back to the castle?"

Colette sat across from her father in the parlor room. His firm eyes were full of intent.

"Yes."

"But why?" Colette's heart began racing as the memories poured in from their week-long stay.

"I'm interested in working with Sébastien."

What?

"I don't understand." Colette's mind raced all over the place and she had to stand and pace to keep the anxiety she felt growing at at bay.

"Darling. Colette. Please. Sit down."

Her fathers brows knitted together with concern. "He has a... skill for design and I think with my kind of work we could become great business partners."

"Is... is this about money? Father, you don't need to work any longer. Gregorie, he- he will take care of both of us."

She couldn't go back to the castle. She wanted to stay as far away from it as possible. She didn't trust herself. Not with... him.

"Tsk. I think it would be a fine partnership. Plus, it would allow Lord Sebastian more connections to the outside world. Business would come to him."

She gave her father a credulous look. "I doubt very much that he would want anyone coming through the gates." Not with his unpredictable temper. Of course, there was his appearance as well.

"I've already sent him a letter and he has already replied."

Colette dropped her jaw. Sebastian was interested in this partnership? Was he doing it in hopes of seeing her? No. He knows that she is married. He wouldn't risk Colette's happiness because of his selfish desires. Would he? Would she?

Colette shook the thought from her mind. Absolutely not.

"No. He- he couldn't possibly be interested." She retorted.

Her father gave her a knowing look. "Colette. Why do you think he agreed?"

He did then want to see her? If this partnership would allow it. Colette closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. It didn't make sense. They said their goodbyes. They briefly gave into their desires once and ended it there. What did he hope to gain from this? He couldn't have her.  She was Gregories. She would stay Gregories. She loved Gregorie.

She paused in her frantic pacing from what she just admitted to herself. She loved Gregorie?

Something inside of her bloomed. Maybe it was a new found strength but she suddenly didn't feel insecure in her feelings towards him anymore.

"Colette?"

She blinked and realized she had been lost in thought and her father was rounding her attention back to the topic of conversation.

"Did you hear what I said? We are to see him soon."

She whipped her head around. "How soon?"

"In two days time. We'll set off early in the morning and be there by midday. I want to avoid unwanted attention." She knew he meant the wolves that lurked in the forest surrounding the castle. They seemed to venture out once the sun started setting.

Wait.

"We? You mean the both of us will travel there? Why am I needed?" This business partnership was between them. Plus, if she went Gregorie would want to attend as well and that would be an awkward reunion she did not want to experience. For all Gregorie knew was that this Lord was old and kind. Not a half beast, half man with raging  desires and claws. Their reunion would likely end in bloodshed if Sebastian felt as strongly as he did for her. Gregorie would not win in a fight against him.

What did Sebestien feel for her? Was it purely sexual desire that had him on his knees begging her if she returned the same feeling? Or was it something else? Was it possible that he... he loved her?

A new wave of anxiety flooded through  and she had to sit back down. Love was a new feeling for her. She only now discovered the emotion and the things that led up to it were overwhelming and confusing enough. She couldn't possibly envision those feelings amplified further in Sebastian.

He told her he was on the brink of loosing control. That he didn't want to loose... and that was it. He never finished that sentence, but she knew what he had meant. He would have taken her right there in her bed chamber and she might have let him too. She was meer seconds away from her own death and all she wanted was to feel his cock inside of her.

"You have sway with him."

"So I'm leverage then?" She claimed. He was going to use her if Sebastian seemed reluctant towards the details of their partnership.

Her father paled in the face and a sort of concern appeared in his eyes before he shook his head vigorously, batting his hand at her. "Don't be foolish. I wouldn't dare use you as leverage for my gain. I only mean, with you there he would be more forthcoming. I did threaten to kill him if you recall."

She remembered Sebastian mentioning that before he told her that her father would be leaving with her. At the time, she didn't think much of it.

"I see," she muttered, displeasingly.

"Colette."

Her father's serious voice pulled her from her discontent brooding. She looked at him and his eyes were watery.

"Your safety is my priority. Yes, it's been handed over to Gregorie but I will always put you first. Lord Sebastain has... feelings towards you. Having you there would be advantageous but you do not have to come if you don't want to. Although I'm certain that.. What was his name? The young dark skinned man in the kitchen... " Aarav. "I'm sure he would be glad to see you again. To serve you fine conversation during our stay there."

She did miss Aarav. She didn't really have many friends. Acquaintances, but none she felt close to. During her time there at the castle, their relationship developed so quickly she thought of him as a dear friend. But that wasn't what caught her attention.

"Our stay there? So you mean to tell me we would be staying the night?" In the castle. With him.

"We wouldn't be able to travel after. Not with the.." She saw the fear he endured that night flash across his face before he continued. " the wolves out at night."

Colette grimaced. She almost convinced herself that she could endure a couple of hours in Sebastian's presence or at least somewhere far from his presence, preferably in the kitchen with Aarva. But a whole night? She felt the ghost of his mouth on her neck and shivered.

"I'll give you tomorrow to think it over. You have nothing to fear from him. The feelings he harbors for you is his greatest weakness. Your safety will be secured."

Colette felt the weight of his last words. There was an edge to his voice and she wondered if her father would have killed him if he knew the things Sébastien had her do to him.

She was honestly surprised to find her father back at the estate the day after their wedding. She supposed once he received the letter back from Sebastin he made haste getting here to tell her about the great news. She didn't feel great about it. Not that Sebastins eye for design and her fathers skilled mechanical work wouldn't align together to create a solid business venture; it was the partner her father opted to choose. Why Sebastain? There were plenty of men with the same capabilities he could find in town or in the city. Maybe he felt sorry for Sebastian and his cursed solitude behind those iron gates. Perhaps he was right in saying he would be exposed to more of the outside world. Atleast, from within the confines of his castle walls. If their partnership flourished, businesses would seek them out and venture to him.

Maybe Colette should be happy her father cared in that way towards Sebastain. Maybe it was his way of saying thank you for his life and his freedom. Her freedom. Especially after leaving him in a cell to die.