Chapter Fourty-Six

Colette found herself laying prostrate on a large bed. Her wrist and ankles were bound to the four wooden posters. She strained to look around her and over her shoulders as panic set in. She didn't recognize where she was. The room she was in was empty save for the two large ornate doors that took up the wall to her right. Someone had taken her clothes off and restrained her.

She twisted and writhed across the blankets but she was so tightly bound the ropes started to cut into her skin.

Help!

Nothing.

Not a sound.

Help!

Dread flooded her body as she realized her voice was no longer. She tried to stretch her neck towards her wrist in hopes of using her teeth to loosen the rope, but it was useless as they were so taught. She buried her face in the blanket as tears started to stream down her face. Gregorie! She screamed silently.

Click.

Colette whipped her head up and saw the two doors open wide. Nothing but blackness was on the other side. A blackness so dark it sucked whatever light was in the room into it. Help! She screamed again, but the doors closed shut. Sealing her in the room.

She listened carefully as the sound of claws clacked against the stone floor. She couldn't see past her shoulders or over the edge of the bed with how flat she was, but she felt a familiar presence watching her.

Hello?

Click. Click.

Nothing.

Click. Click.

She strained to listen to the direction of where the claws moved, before she felt the weight of something heavy climbing onto the bed behind her. She felt the bedding dip between her outstretched legs.

What do you want with me? She cried, silently.

And then she felt it. The cool drag of a claw down the back of her calf. It wasn't hard enough to draw blood but it left a searing sensation and the act sent shivers running along the back of her thigh.

Her eyes fluttered closed as she shuddered. Oh, god.

She felt the claw drag along the other calf and shivers ran up along the backside of that thigh. She squeezed her eyes shut as the sensations rolled through her abdomen.

Please.

The claw moved along her thigh and up over her backside. It's smooth point traced idle circles across the soft, sensitive skin there. Stars exploded behind her dark eyelids as a sensual sensation flooded her body.

No. She whimpered.

Suddenly there were more claws. Two paws on either cheek and they flexed their palms before squeezing her flesh.

A gasp escaped her mouth and she felt her body turn molten.

No. Please. I...

Then there was a hot breath on the skin. Hot breath down the crease of her and she bucked her hips, biting down onto her bottom lip.

I can't. We can't. She whimpered helplessly.

She felt cool air brush along her sensitive bud as the paws spread her apart.

Oh, god. She shuddered and pushed her face into the blanket. She wrapped her fingers around the rope extending from her bound wrist and braced herself for its mouth.

The beast dragged its hot tongue up the sensitive bundle and a searing pleasure unknown to her shot through her body and she cried out its name.

Sébastien!

...

Colette could hardly look at Gregorie the next day while they sat and ate lunch together in his garden. She focused on twirling the spoon around in her tea cup, watching the silver neck glisten beneath the amber liquid.

"Are you feeling well?" Gregorie asked, concernedly.

Colette glanced up at him then quickly looked away. "I... had another nightmare." It wasn't a total lie. It scared her when she woke up from it. What she had dreamt about. Who she had dreamt about.

Gregorie twisted his lips in quiet calculation. "Maybe it means something. This dream you keep having. You said you were being watched by a wolf? Did you come across any wolves in your travels?"

Only a man in a wolf's skin. She thought warrily.

"I- I didn't dream that dream last night. This dream was different." How could she tell him that she dreamed Sébastien had... she shivered from the memory.

"Was it that bad you feel Ill suddenly?" He reached over the small table to squeeze her arm.

Colette loosed a breath at the comforting touch. It was just a dream. It never happened in real life. She had never had someone do that to her. For all she knows she imagined what the sensation would feel like.

But it wasn't the sensation that had her feeling bothered. It was the fact that she dreamt of Sébastien doing it and not Gregorie.

"I don't feel like talking about it." Was all she mustered and sat the silver spoon down beside her cup.

Gregorie still looked at her with concern in his eyes but eventually let her hand go and picked up a strawberry from the platter of fruit in front of them.

"Perhaps you need to eat more fruit. They say a healthy balance of  fruit, vegetables and grains is good for the body. For the mind." He examined the strawberry before biting into it. Its red opaque juices ran down the corner of his mouth and he swiped at it with his thumb.

Colette watched him bring his thumb to his mouth before sticking out his tongue to lap at the juice. An instant wave of heat flushed through her at the action. She felt herself go red in the face and quickly glanced away.

"Is- is that so." She mumbled, her throat feeling suddenly dry.

Gregorie looked at her again, his concern growing with every second she struggled to push the memory of that dream away.

"Are you sure your alright?"

"Mhm." She nodded. Forcing herself to smile and look him in the eyes.