Chapter Sixty

"What's got your claws all twisted? Can't find a nice bush to stick your cock in?"

Aarav remembered the deafening roar that filled the kitchen and brought pots and pans down to the ground. The table between them was thrown to the side and a flash of something large and black came up from below him to slash at his throat. He moved just fast enough to feel the points of the claws drag up his neck and side of face as he arched back and fell to his side.

"I should kill you right now!" The beastly lord roared above him. He felt his massive shadow cover him as he held his neck with his hand. Blood spilled over his fingers and down his chest. The pain was none he had ever felt before. He struggled to breathe, to assess that he was still alive somehow.

He cowered beneath the raging beast and held up his bloody hand in surrender. "P-please m' Lord. I- I only meant to lighten y-your mood w-with humor is all. Please. I-I'm sorry. I-it's a bad habit of mine." He pleaded for his life.

He regretted every day of his existence since he signed away his life to the hands of this monster. Had he known what he was doing he would have run for his life that day.

"Do you think this is funny? Do you think I don't smell that wench of a maid all over you and this kitchen. Don't think for one second I haven't restrained myself from taking her whenever I pleased but gods be the curse upon me she would die right after. I swore to never kill another again. Do you want me to kill you?"

Aarav shuddered with fear. He saw the rage, the control the Lord was battling with before him and it scared him to think how close he was to the edge of giving into those beastly desires. He hated being trapped in this castle, but living was better than dying.

"I'm sorry. Please. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that this curse has been placed upon you. Please. I-I was inconsiderate and a fool to say such words."

The lord clamped his mouth shut and tendrils of smoke spewed from his flared nostrils. His shoulders sank and he brought his paws down to his sides, clean hung and unclenching them.

"I envy you." He growled.

Aarav looked at the Lord in shock. "W-why m'lord?"

The Lord looked away and brought the table back to where it had been. He smoothed his paw across the surface, looking anywhere but at him. Aarav swallowed the lump in his throat and pain flared from the motion. He seethed and clamped down tighter on his neck. The wounds weren't too deep but he had to bandage himself before they got infected. He cursed himself and his impetuous tongue.

The Lord spoke again. "To be able to give into your desires and not face any consequences. I envy that."

Aarav found himself surprised when a chuckle bubbled up. Lord Sébastien whipped his head toward him and snarled. He flinched but cleared his throat. "Look where giving into my desires has led me. I couldn't help but make that comment and now I'm lying on the ground bleeding out from my neck. You envy a fool."

He could have nearly cried there when he saw the slightest of smiles surface on that beastly human face.

"I'd rather be a fool then never taste a woman's flesh again."

He watched as Lord Sébastien turned and walked away. A small part of him pitied the man who was stuck beneath the fur.