Chapter 6 - Two Different Worlds

SERAPHINE POV

Scratch: So, how'd it go? Were my sleazebag predictions correct? Was he just trying to use you as a money-pit just so he can get laid, start a sugar-daddy thing? 

Seraphine: Oh, don't be so sour, girl! Just because you never got to know the sober Y/N and only the drunk one doesn't mean you shit all over him. He's a nice guy... the date WAS FREAKING SICK!!!

Bao: Meow.

Seraphine: Sorry Bao. 

I pick up the little sweet roll and put him on the floor so he can do his business, running around and then lying on his bed under my night table. Little white kitty with little yellow eyes, oh he's so adorable, best gift dad could've given me for Christmas... 

Let's tune back into Scratch's "I hate men" ranting. 

Scratch: -and then he says it like he doesn't even remember my name! How the fuck are you so lucky, huh?! I bet he took you to the marble floor theater and that fucking mozzarella place!

Seraphine: Mozzarellino's? 

Scratch: He did... 

Seraphine: He did, and it was fantastic. He's a business guy, he just knows all these people in the upper world... 

Scratch: What are you getting at? 

Seraphine: What do you mean? 

Scratch: Hmmmm... I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to mooch! I fucking respect it, use him as the damn stepladder that he's made to be!

Seraphine: Scratch, respectfully, you stayed overnight with him, and he offered you multiple times, to cuddle, to get you breakfast, and to spend some more time with you, but all those times you declined. He's not who you think he is, he's a really nice guy... and, you know what? 

Scratch: What? Oh... oh no no no! 

Seraphine: Yes yes yes! 

Scratch: NOPE!!! LALALALA!!!

Seraphine: JEA-

Scratch: NO!

Seraphine: JEALOOOUUUUS!!! 

Bao: MEOW!!! *Angry cat grobble!* 

Seraphine: Sorry Bao... I love you... 

Bao goes back to sleep after we stop freaking out. 

Seraphine: He's just a nice guy. Smart, cute, funny, resourceful, resilient, brave, brutally honest, and when he "lies", he's really just joke-lying. There's so much I want to get to know about him, and I'm sure there's a lot he sees in me too. 

Scratch: You two come from too different worlds. I give it a week. 

Seraphine: Whatever, just saying, you snooze, you lose, go hit up Ben, you know that new boss I have? 

Scratch: What? Coffee Ben can't handle me. 

Seraphine: That's why he's perfect for you... like he's cute but I think Ben's a little too forward, also I think men like that make Y/N insecure. 

Scratch: What makes you think that? 

Seraphine: I don't know, like... his sly smirk turned into a stoic, statue face when he had to help me fold his egg sandwich. I hope he's not like... overprotective... 

Scratch: I think you need to do an experiment. 

Seraphine: I think you need to stop yapping and go to bed.