Chapter 28 - Ghost Town

HEFTY TIMESKIP! ALL THE WAY TO JULY!

...what?

Seriously, what? What did you expect me to write about here? I didn't think about writing at all, really. Nothing much of interest has happened. Okay... now that I think about it, maybe there were a few things to report. 

I'm only doing this so my therapist is happy... 

We shut down operation at Brighthammer for a while, until in May, we got to open it back up again. We were only allowed to reopen R&D with the promise that we were going to make more technological advancements that can "benefit us during the pandemic", whatever that means. 

So, we promised, then I sent Orianna back and she scrounged up all the other labrats. We're researching a vaccine that's free for everyone, and we're going to shove a massive cock down big pharma's throat. Fuck them for capitalizing on these poor people and fuck me for selling weapons to them in the first place. 

The Medarda and members of the government are gonna take care of the sales for us, so Ezreal and I don't really have to worry about a thing. We're getting paid and we're also get a tax cut because of it, so... rich people... swag... 

The coffee shop is shut down thanks to COVID, I'm still worried about Ben. Says he's been doing alright allowing Door Dash and other delivery apps to pick up cakes and coffees. He's definitely depressed as fuck, like we all are. He can't talk to customers, he can't work like he wanted to, and worst of all, he's got all kinds of food health people up his ass, every restaurant does. 

You know, working from home and half of my job being handled by someone else, it actually isn't so bad. It gives me and Seraphine a lot of time alone, and Seraphine has a lot of time to make music... 

Except... not right now. 

Seraphine. has. COVID. 

*DISTANT COUGHING!* 

Sera: Baaaaaaaaaaabe...!

Y/N: Coming, coming!

I leave my streamer video-call setup and rush over to the other side of the condo. I come to Sera's door, and I gently open it. She's having a coughing fit while I'm coming over to sit on the bed. 

The beautiful songstress is adorned in her blue, extra-large baggy hoodie, and some sweats I help her put on. She managed to put the hood up, but all her hair now dangles in the front. I brush away some of her pink hair on her face, I'm already exposed so I don't care about the precautions. 

I take a peep at those pleading, sparkling blue eyes. I check her fever really quick and it's cooler than it was yesterday, so let's see what she needs. 

Y/N: What do you need, Sear-bear? I'm here... 

She stops coughing to smirk at me, with a strained, quivering lip. I lean down and kiss her forehead and her one arm creeps up from the blanket to hold my one hand. 

Y/N: You aren't gonna die, stop being so dramatic!

Sera: H-hey! *Wheeze!* You cool it, mister...

Her voice is really nasally, combined with scratchy due to the really sore throat. 

Y/N: Flu-like symptoms... alright, what did you call me for? 

Sera: I need you.

Y/N: ...to? 

Sera: No... silly... just you...

Y/N: Awwwww... wittle Sewa-bean has de COVID? 

Sera: Yeah...