Chapter 16 - Separate Ways

SERAPHINE POV

Scratch: I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!

Ben: Scratch, come on... I've known Y/N for a little bit, when he says he's not ready, he's not ready. I really think all you gotta do is wait. 

Sera: D-do you guys really think it's a rejection? 

Ben: Well, obviously, yeah it is, but not an "I don't love you", type of rejection.

Scratch: Uh, yeah...

Ben: Uh, NO! It's more like... he loves you, but he really just isn't ready, he's postponing it. I mean, he was captured in Ionia for a week, he's been beat to a pulp by them too, I'm sure his sleep regimen is all over the place. 

Scratch: Hmmm...

Sera: Yeah...

Ben: I mean, I hate to say it and ruin the moment-

Scratch: She's cute, isn't she? 

Ben: You're not exactly a bad looking woman, and you aren't mean either. You're literally Zaun's innocence all rolled into one person. You're talented, you have dreams, goals, and you're not a bum, you're just in a rough spot. 

Sera: Right... uhm... thanks? 

Ben: Anyway, I think that he thinks that he just doesn't deserve you. That... or he's afraid of the life he lives and opening up to you.

Sera: Oh, that's obvious, that's something we both share. 

Ben: I mean, you guys seemed to open up to each other enough. 

Scratch: I'm betting on the first one. 

Sera: I thought you hated his guts! 

Scratch: I did, and I told you, I knew he was going to try something. 

Sera: He didn't try anything!

Scratch: You live with the damn guy! Don't tell me he didn't try to place his hand where it shouldn't go like a damn corpo rat! 

Sera: He's not a corpo rat! Him and his superiors care about the people affected, I mean... he realized he was an idiot for selling weapons and even got all his people to stop, despite one of them having a bit of a fit about it. I didn't know that his company was selling them to both sides just to profit more. 

Ben: Surely, he had no idea about this, right? I know it's a bit of a stretch because he's the manager and every damn news station is saying he did, despite Viktor saying no. 

Sera: Well, at least Viktor is on his side. I assume he tells me the truth if he lets me steal a kiss from him. 

Scratch: You kissed him?!

Sera: You didn't? Also, you of all people should know where his hands go. 

Ben: Oof... I don't like where this is going. 

Scratch: I gave him specific instructions to leave his hands off me.

Sera: But not his dick. 

Scratch: Ummm... 

Ben: Alright, talk about this some other time. I came out so we could not talk about bedding one of my favorite customers, okay? 

Scratch: Oh, Benji, don't get so bent up, he's nothing like you, I'm sure. 

Ben: Yeah... hehe...

Scratch: He's a slimeball, and you're my timid little coffee boy...

I watch Scratch proceed to whisper and melt Ben into a good boy, making him sink into his one tub chair. I've never seen Scratch wear a dress, but something's got her going to wanna dress this hoity toity