Chapter 8 - The Worst Week

NOTHING HAPPENS THURSDAY! UMMMM... 

FRIDAY!

My phone starts buzzing, oh my gosh... IT'S SERAPHINE!!! I answer it and put my phone down on my desk, office door is shut so nobody should hear me. 

Y/N: Sera! What's going on? 

Sera: Hey! Ummm... you got some time to talk? 

Y/N: Always, girl, what's up? 

While I got Sera on the phone, I'm checking emails and filling out a few report forms as well as some evaluation forms for some of my employees, despite not acting like their manager in the slightest. We still get stuff done with my loose fist, we're sales folk. 

Sera: Thanks, Scratch is just busy with Ben right now, and uhhh... I'm sure you heard about it the hard way on Thursday. 

Y/N: Oh yeah, would've appreciated a warning before I went to a closed coffee shop on Thursday. 

Sera: S-sorry... 

Y/N: I'm kidding! Kidding... it's fine, how long is it closed for? 

Sera: Bout another week, maybe less, and then we'll be back in shape. 

Y/N: Alright, guess I'll have to hold off my coffee cravings till then. 

Sera giggles a bit, and it just sounds so cute. I can tell she's laying down somewhere just giving me all her attention. 

Sera: J-just go to a boba place or something? 

Y/N: Boba? Who the hell even drinks that? 

Sera: Gee, I don't know, that Seraphine girl is pretty gross, she even eats the tapioca pearls in it. 

Y/N: Hehe... so icky... 

Sera: No! You can't say that! You didn't just find an ick! 

Y/N: I did find an ick... any minute I'm not with you and filling out these damn evaluation forms are my fucking ick... *sigh* 

Sera: So, that's what'chu dooooin'?

Y/N: Yep, gotta fill out all these forms so that Mundo can tell other people that we are a big, happy corporation here. 

Sera: Any inside deals you can tell me about? 

Y/N: Well, you really wanna know? 

Sera: Yeah...

Y/N: Really, really, really wanna? 

Sera: Yeeeeeee...

Y/N: I'm working with Riot Records right now. 

Sera: WHAAAAAA *STATIC SCREAMING!* 

Y/N: Relax, relax... yes, they're buying Hextech sound systems and all kinds of audio equipment to build them a studio for the K/DA. Brighthammer is happy to help them. Uhhh... Heimerdinger Dynamics, they make robotic stuff and automation for like... factories and junk. 

Sera: When I was in college, I read about Heimerdinger, he's a brilliant inventor. His robots changed the world, and he's part of the reason my dad doesn't have to worry about being crushed by a heavy machine anymore... 

Y/N: Yep, he needs software, which, unlike sound stuff, is Brighthammer's business alongside uhh... yeah. 

Sera: Alongside what? 

Y/N: Well... Sera... uhm... what if I told you that... the rumors of Brighthammer being a defense contractor is true? I gotta be honest. Alongside software, our biggest usage of Hextech is weaponry, and we use it for defense contracting. We have contracts with Piltover and Zaun to keep it protected from invaders.